So who's gonna be the LOLB?

RussB

Reaction score
Irvin gone now, time for the next man up. Havent heard or read any news, will it be KPL or mike morgan, or maybe pinkins? Havent seen any of them play much

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I have a feeling its gonna be Mike Morgan to start because he knows the system and is more athletic then it seems people are giving him credit for, with Perkins earning more reps as the year goes on.

McGruff

Reaction score
I don't think it will be Morgan. He's safe, but since when has Pete gone safe.

I suspect they end up with Marsh, or Pinkins, or a mix of both.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2y4b5tt4 said:
I have a feeling its gonna be Mike Morgan to start because he knows the system and is more athletic then it seems people are giving him credit for, with Perkins earning more reps as the year goes on.

:ditto: His familiarity with the system will put him on the fast track. Somebody is really going to have to shine throughout training camp imo it's Morgan's job to lose

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
Probably not gonna happen, but would be pretty cool to see browner actually try it out. Dude is the size of a linbacker, can stop the run and cover. Wonder if pete would try that

Polk738

Reaction score

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Browner isn't a LB. He's listed at 220, but goes about 210-215 and has been reported as low as 206 for the Hawks previously, although I'll admit that he could be putting on weight to nail somewhat of a more base defense role. Either way, as mean and nasty as he is, he's still really lanky and while a great hitter for a CB and very strong, he'll fail as an edge setter as a SLB on a regular basis. His being 6'4 absolutely does not make him as big as a LB.

Morgan and Pinkins will also likely fail at that aspect against run heavy teams as well and that's where you'll likely see Marsh get a shot. The position, as well as the formation that we're in in terms of 4-3 Under/Over or Nickel with Browner, will be largely a matchup based platoonage. Morgan and Pinkins are kind of redundant in that they are much the same player, but particularly early on, you're likely going to see a mix of 3 players. Whomever wins the Morgan Pinkins redundancy battle, Marsh against run heavy teams, and Browner against pass heavy teams.

Later in the season it will sort itself out. It will have to because we don't have the do all player who's as fast as Morgan and Pink in the 4.4s or bigger and more violent than Marsh. Irvin was a hell of a player.