John Schneider extension (ESPN ticker)

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
No web link yet, but it's being reporting by John Clayton on the ESPN ticker on TV. Five years at around 3.75 million per year, matching Ozzie Newsome as the highest paid GM. Will throw a link in here once one pops up and it becomes 'official'.

Edit to add link and length of contract: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/17137 ... -schneider

Now just need to get Pete done.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
FortWorthSeahawk":741g3q61 said:
No web link yet, but it's being reporting by John Clayton on the ESPN ticker on TV. Number of years haven't been disclosed, but he'll be paid 3 million + per year, matching Ozzie Newsome as the highest paid GM. Will throw a link in here once one pops up and it becomes 'official'.

Now just need to get Pete done.
KaBOOM! :2thumbs:

Knew it would get done, Pete's extension will be done shortly IMHO.

King Dog

Reaction score
3M seems so cheap compared to players deals. Not sure why there would even be any negotiation.
Schneider: I want 3M
Allen: Ok

dogorama

Reaction score
I thinks he's mentioned that the only other GM position he would be interested in is the Green Bay job so it's good news that we have him under contract for the near future at least.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Gee, only one to go for the Negative Nellie types. I told you these things work on deadlines and color me shocked if Pete isn't signed already.

dogorama

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2ppgses2 said:
Gee, only one to go for the Negative Nellie types. I told you these things work on deadlines and color me shocked if Pete isn't signed already.

They seem to really enjoy working together and we all know how important that is in our professional lives.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
kipyes.gif~c200

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I'm sure Pete's will get done very shortly after. Had to get JS locked up first, now the coach's deal comes.

sutz

Reaction score
:2thumbs: :irishdrinkers: :2thumbs: :irishdrinkers:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Five years is awesome, JS is doing it better than has ever been done here before. Congrats to him!

I hope Pete does 5 more too but will be surprised if he agrees to deal that long. He certainly is young enough in spirit and with his energy to do it, but he may want to ride off into the sunset, if the team wins one or two more Lombardi trophies.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Oh ye of little faith. I told you no hand wringing was needed.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
It's now being reported that the old 'Green Bay clause' is no longer in JS's contract. (For what it's worth)

http://sea.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-John-Schneider-does-not-have-Green-Bay-clause-46409892

According to SB Nation's Evan Hill, the rumored Green Bay clause did not carry over into Schneider's latest deal. The move signals a two-way street of loyalty between Schneider and the franchise......In the past, he had been reported to have a clause in his deal that would allow him to head home to Green Bay if the Packers offered him their general manager job.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":7gg5viwd said:

You're a bit of a broken record there, Jo.

On-topic: WOOOOOOOO!