Which Seahawks players will win the preseason?

kearly

Reaction score
Last year Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett posted sensational debut preseasons and to varying degrees it helped launch their rookie campaigns.

Which unheralded player (redshirt) or newcomer (Draft, UDFA, FA) do you think will step out of the shadows this preseason to dominate the Seahawks storylines?

Keep in mind, not every dominant preseason player goes on to have a great NFL career, just ask Nick Reed. So even if you don't particularly believe in a player's NFL pedigree, but you think he can tear up the preseason, he's worth a mention.

I don't think we'll have anyone quite as headline grabbing as 2015 Lockett or 2015 Clark this year, but I feel pretty good about Kenny Lawler earning a lot of mancrush points this next month from the fanbase. He's going to make some circus grabs on some big plays and might even win us a preseason game.

I think Alex Collins will see a lot of carries this preseason. Not sure if any of our RBs look good though with the OL in flux. Even Thomas Rawls looked pretty bad in 3/4 of his 2015 preseason games because the OL was in transition. It still is, not as much as before, but enough to tamp down the preseason run game.

I think Hunt will play fairly well, and earn himself a starting job on opening day.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I think Procise could shine. If the OL is struggling we will probably see a lot of check downs to him.

I also want to see Ifedi shine. I expect he will get more playing time than some of the other starting OL and I hope to see him dominate the backups.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
TriCHawk":3tz7vvx6 said:
If we're making bold predictions, I'll go with Reed and Procise.

This isn't meant to be a bold prediction thread, just a prediction thread. Make it as bold or as boring as you want.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Kenny Lawler would be a cool one to see go off. Be amazing to have a big target inside the 20 yard line that could really open things up for Russ.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Alex Collins well get ton of carries. I expect to see him break a few highlight worthy runs this preseason.

Tharold Simon. I could see him getting 1st and 2nd team reps. If they truly envision him at the starter they are going to see if he can hold up. I think he week snag at least 1 int, and have a few nice breakups.

Treyvon Boykin could be an exciting backup that week get a shot to show his talents. I could see him looking like a real #2 QB.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

iigakusei

Reaction score
Quinton Jefferson is going to abuse 2nd and 3rd string OL's in the pre-season.

Laloosh

Reaction score
iigakusei":2shmtlh7 said:
He was a topic of discussion in a fieldgulls podcast the other day. Excited to see how he does.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Laloosh":67doyrvk said:
iigakusei":67doyrvk said:
He was a topic of discussion in a fieldgulls podcast the other day. Excited to see how he does.

Cool, I'll check that out.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Vannett.

I just think the fans are starved for a TE who can block. Not only because we've been pining for one but also with the secure belief that he'll be able to buttress an expected sieve of an OL. So out of the gate he'll develop a strong affinity. I expect he'll pleasantly impress with his receiving ability and that'll double down on the interest in him.

Lawler might get some impressive catches. But I see Vannett getting vastly more opportunities to give fans a taste of what we've been missing.

ACFan

Reaction score
iu

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Germain Ifedi. He is a beast who I really hope blows up in the preseason, looks solid in pass pro, and knocks some guys on their asses in the run game.

Also Joey Hunt is too fundamentally sound not to look great right out of the gates.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Is Kasen Williams still on the team?

If so, that would be my pick.

Fade

Reaction score
David Perkins. He is insanely fast off the edge, very Cliff Avril like which will be lethal against backups, and camp fodder. Benson Mayowa made the team a couple years ago in a similar scenario.

Steve Longa. Fantastic in pursuit, finishes well, a tackling machine. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a David Hawthorne esque pre-season.

These 2 UDFA's have a great shot at making the team, and they will have to win the pre-season to do it.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
I was reminded of Mayowa when watching Perkins as well. We may differ on whether that should be considered that a compliment, but I had the same thought.

ACFan

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2fqr2382 said:
I'm going with Jarran Reed as my 1st choice.

He was my second choice, the learning curve will be steep for both him and Collins, but both may do a fair amount of showing out early on just on the athletic skill sets they possess.

Wenhawk":2fqr2382 said:
Alex Collins well get ton of carries. I expect to see him break a few highlight worthy runs this preseason.

I somewhat agree, but I don't expect to see AC take one to the house very often, if ever. Not from more than 50 yards out anyway. He's going to get caught from behind a lot.

But they'll likely have a lot of chances at running him down from behind, he's going to thrive on the 20-50 yard runs. Getting to the 2nd level often, then being hard to get a clean angle that the defender can maintain. Where most backs would turn a good seam into a 15-20 yard gain, AC would get 25-40. That's a college comparison, pro level remains to be seen.

Far superior back to 3rd round pick Derrick Henry, watched them both a lot in college.

Emmitt Smith is still my favorite comparison, AC just a little bigger. both shifty, tough, durable, good stutter step, finds the hole, finishes runs tough.

ES rarely took one to the house either, but a Hall of Famer. played a lot of years, racked up a bunch of yards.

Tical21

Reaction score
Kasen, Michael, a LB to be named later, Tye