Seahawks sign WR release OT.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Couple of things here. Does this suggest the FO aren't as happy as one would have thought with the receiver battle? I would have thought receiver was one position we had a great competition already. Conversely the offensive line is well talked about being in a state of flux and competition very much required.

Anyone know anything about the Montario Hunter chap? 25 yards per reception doesn't seem too shabby albeit at division 2 level.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/07/29/seahawks-make-roster-move

Inb4 "championship"

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I heard John Clayton talking about Hunter yesterday. He said they brought him in for a look and were excited about how fast he is, so they signed him.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":xbmoqzwk said:
I heard John Clayton talking about Hunter yesterday. He said they brought him in for a look and were excited about how fast he is, so they signed him.
Sounds like "Al Davis Syndrome".

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Here's a blurb on him from his college website:

"Hunter went undrafted out of ECSU but went on to spend rookie mini camp with the New York Jets. He played three seasons with the Vikings, his best coming in 2015 with 21 receptions for 527 yards and five touchdowns, giving him highest yard-per-catch average (25.1) in country in Division II. Hunter had 16 catches for 377 yards and two scores in 2014"

In my looking around for his combine results he appears fast with a reported combine 40 time of 4.43 and scout.com says his fast time may have been 4.37 which makes him interesting, and somewhat confirms the Clayton comments posted above.

I wonder if he is being brought in to see how he might fit as a ST gunner?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He's got the same number :).

Lockette was bigger and faster though. Time will tell.

LolaRox

Reaction score
Who knows what it means or if even means anything. It could be they just saw an opportunity and took it.

Maybe one of WR isn't quite ready to go (wasn't Kenny hurt during mini camp). Or maybe the OT failed the physical or is not needed. Or maybe just a camp body.

Seafan

Reaction score
He didn't catch on with the Jets and with our roster he's likely camp fodder.

Basis4day

Reaction score
JSeahawks":6vzjiwo7 said:
It likely means they were looking for a 12th or 13th wr to run some routes and save some legs.

Bingo

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
MD5eahawks":1i6wlro4 said:
FlyingGreg":1i6wlro4 said:
Sounds like "Al Davis Syndrome".

Except that "Al Davis Syndrome" uses a first round draft pick, and this is more like fast camp fodder they're hoping will turn into something more.