No FB on the roster

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Both guys listed as FBs are in white jerseys practicing with the defense.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Interesting.

I wonder if they are going to alternate them daily -- defense-offense-defense-offense -- for awhile?

I guess we will find out at practice tomorrow.

saroos

Reaction score
Brandon Cottom # 42 is out there. He played fb at Perdue.

Basis4day

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":35u9le42 said:
Interesting.

I wonder if they are going to alternate them daily -- defense-offense-defense-offense -- for awhile?

I guess we will find out at practice tomorrow.

Today wasn't padded correct? If they're using 2 way players who played defense in college like Bryant they'd evaluate him at FB on a live contact day.

Seafan

Reaction score
saroos":18t5d6kg said:
Brandon Cottom # 42 is out there. He played fb at Perdue.

I saw him on the live stream. It wouldn't surprise me if the team is moving away from the FB.

I also don't expect to see much of RW carrying the ball in a zone read.

The offense is going to be spread out more.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Makes sense, I expect a lot of pistol/shotgun sets this year since we had so much success in the spread last year. Can also see Vannett used as an H-Back quite a bit as well.

King Dog

Reaction score
I recall Willson back there a few times. Maybe they're going to go with an additional TE on the roster this season.

Vetamur

Reaction score
I expect Tani Tupou, #45, to play both ways ..like Tukuafu before him.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...ining-camp-day-one-clearing-out-the-notebook/

Brandon Cottom and Tre Madden are now taking on all of the fullback duties, with Cottom the leader in the clubhouse for that position, it would appear.

Carroll later confirmed two position switches of undrafted free agents — Tanner McEvoy to safety and Tani Tupou to defensive tackle. But neither is necessarily permanent, he said. “We flipped them,” Carroll said. ........ Tani (Taniela Tupou) is a guy that, he did a good job for us at fullback showing us that he could make the transition. I want to make sure I know where he fits in in the competition with the defensive line and then he can easily flop back. I don’t see Tani (Taniela Tupou) as a guy who is going to be a fulltime fullback. I think he’s going to be a utility guy, very much like Will (Tukuafu) was for us last year. That is why we made that switch right now. We will feel free to go back in time whenever we think we need to.”