Prosise - This year's injury-prone whipping boy?

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/seahawks-insider-blog/article92881392.html

Rookie third-round pick C.J. Prosise did not do any work at running back after Carroll said he tweaked his hamstring in special-teams work during the first minutes of camp. "I don’t know what that means," the coach said.

Man, no work in Mini-camps, now he's out again. PC's quote was pretty small, but lots of 'read between the lines' in that comment.

Gilliam still out from the cyst removal in his knee, but it sounds like he may be back soon.

chris98251

Reaction score
Speed guys seem to have those issues, if it's just a strain and not a tear it will take a few weeks, tweek he may be able to come back in a few days with some PT.

Not good for a rookie to pull up lame though with the competition we have, although I don't think he would be going anywhere, just the reps missed will be hard to make up.

King Dog

Reaction score
Yeah, seems to be up for the annual Thurmond/Simon/Richardson/Hill award.

Hope he takes himself out of the running soon :D

Largent80

Reaction score
Hamstring is a common camp thing, remember a few years ago the run on the "tweaked oblique"?

Hey, good name for a band.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Can they put him on the pup and should they?

It would suck to lose another player on cut downs betting Procise will pay off but it would suck even more to release him and see him succeed elsewhere.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm not thinking this is good news for Prosise. Zac Brooks brings almost the same exact skill set, minus the plus route running skills. He might even be faster.

Prosise needed some work at RB as he was considered a tad raw still, but this is going to be good news for Collins and Brooks. Also could help Michael.

Prosise is lucky he was drafted in the 3rd round and Pete is enamored with his route running and receiving skills.

OP
OP
Jazzhawk

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1wqdd9gb said:
Can they put him on the pup and should they?

It would suck to lose another player on cut downs betting Procise will pay off but it would suck even more to release him and see him succeed elsewhere.
Not now....he's practiced. The only other option is IR now.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Weren't you the guy throwing the term "Negative Nelly" around not too long ago?

nanomoz

Reaction score
Not as concerned about Prosise, personnally.

But Gilliam needs to get in there, didn't realize the cyst removal would cut into TC. The guys up front need every possible minute of work they can get together if this team has any hope of not being a 9-week horror show to start the season.

OP
OP
Jazzhawk

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":801lcgqm said:
No,'Hand-wringing' was my term. Others on the thread came up with Negative Nellie. I'm not wringing my hands in this on. Just frustrated the poor guy can't compete.

ACFan

Reaction score
Hope he's better soon so he can compete.

More carries for my man Collins. who btw, has played football for 5 years now, all at RB, and never missed a down, not a single down, due to injury. exceptionally rare.

Basis4day

Reaction score
It's up to the fans whether they want to turn a player into a whipping boy, fairly or unfairly.

Personally, day 1 of camp seems a bit early to start talking about a players' long term health. The hawks seem extra careful with injuries. I trust them.

Pro football players will always tell you. They haven't been "healthy" or "100%" since high school.

kearly

Reaction score
If Brooks plays well, and Procise can't participate, I could see them IR'ing Procise in a month. I think they'd prefer to stash him, but this roster is going to be tight, and Procise wouldn't clear waivers either.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2tdxildm said:
That was me. It's way too early too throw Procise under the bus. Collins certainly the looks the part part though.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Way too early to speculate on this. It's the first weekend of camp, they're going to be cautious with any hint of an injury to anyone.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
This is one of the reasons I wasn't real high on picking this guy in the draft.He has been hurt multiple times when he played at ND and it's why nobody heard much of him before last year.He was having a big year until he got hurt again so it's no suprise to me if he is one of those guys that cannot stay healthy,I'm not saying he can control that but some can play with pain but others not so much.

JPRoland

Reaction score
When you watch Procise's highlights his raw talent and athleticism is difficult to ignore even though he is new to the position. He looked like a man among boys at times in college. I think he'll develop into a really nice addition as soon as he figures out how important conditioning is for NFL running backs. But, Alex Collins could be very special and may end up looking like he should have been drafted in much earlier rounds. Here's a guy who played for an Arkansas program that teaches and practices body-conditioning and restoration. It's HUGE there. Colllins played running back for the last three years in the SEC against teams like Alabama, Auburn, LSU, etc. and he never missed a game! In fact, he gained over 1,000 yards each of those three years and two of those years he split time in the backfield with another 1,000 yard rusher. This running back group is going to be fun to watch. We may have three really good ones.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Would suck to lose Prosise for the year, since we used a 3rd rounder on him and it looked like he could bring a new dimension to the Offense. I hope he can heal fast and get some work in.