TC observations - Seattle Times

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/three-things/

Bob Condotta
3. Frank Clark seems primed for a big step up in his second season.

...........Carroll said to expect to see Clark play more in a variety of roles up front, saying Saturday that he wishes the team had used him more last season, when he had 323 snaps. “I don’t think we used him as much as we should have,’’ Carroll said. “I think we should have forced him a little bit more. We look back and counted his numbers and all and I wish he would have gotten more play time. That’s why I’m already telling you he’s going to play a ton. We are going to get him all over the place and do all the things he can do.’’ And Carroll said the first day gave an indication that Clark appears ready for the task. “He looks phenomenal right now and he’s really excited and pumped up,’’ Carroll said.

Jayson Jenks
2. This is a big year for defensive tackle Jordan Hill.
Hill lined up with the first-team defensive line alongside Cliff Avril, Michael Bennett and Ahtyba Rubin — all starters last season. ......... This is what coach Pete Carroll said about Hill, and it pretty much sums it up: “It’s time for him to really grab onto his playing opportunity. We really like Jordan, and he’s just kind of had the in-and-out thing in the lineup because he’s been banged up. If he can just find good health and consistency, I think he’ s going to be a good factor for us.”

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Hill had that great what 4 game run a couple years ago. When we get pass rush from the inside along our beasts outside we are damn near impossible to move the ball against. just needs to stay healthy.

hawker84

Reaction score
I didn't have much issue with Mebane's departure, because although I loved Mebane's play, I think Hill is the better interior pass rusher when healthy. He's very disruptive when he's in there, but like the poster above said, he's got to stay healthy and be on the field.

I am also curious to see Clarks play this year, does he take the big step we all expect to see? It's good to hear Pete is going to give him a chance to show his stuff. I think he has all the tools to be a force, and with the retirement of Clemons we're going to need all the depth we can get.