No Fox On Dish Network now- is it time to panic ??

TVHAWK

Reaction score
In case Dish doesn't reach an agreement with KCPQ Fox...Is there a dependable FREE alternative on the net so I can stream the games ?? There are a lot of scary sites out there..Any sure thing ideas ??? :les:

chris98251

Reaction score
Ok any help please PM, we do not want to get into trouble here accidently posting illegal ways to hook him up. I know some of you know the legit ones etc and any information would help him, just not here in the forums.

HawkDabz

Reaction score
When Directv was having a dispute with fox a few years ago, I just got an HD antenna. You should just be able to get it over the air. and not go through the Dish network.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
HawkDabz":1o1gk9l8 said:
When Directv was having a dispute with fox a few years ago, I just got an HD antenna. You should just be able to get it over the air. and not go through the Dish network.
Yup. I have DISH and finally got NFL network back but still don't have my FOX affiliate. No matter. We have an antenna. The only thing that sucks is I cannot DVR anything. Hopefully FOX is back on DISH before the season starts.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
It is amazing how good antenna can be these days. Give it a shot.

RW92

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2owtepcj said:
HawkDabz":2owtepcj said:
Yup. I have DISH and finally got NFL network back but still don't have my FOX affiliate. No matter. We have an antenna. The only thing that sucks is I cannot DVR anything. Hopefully FOX is back on DISH before the season starts.

Can't you just get Directv and get the NFL package? I'm sure there isn't a black out rule because the Seahawks sell out.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":9rm9tnaw said:
It is amazing how good antenna can be these days. Give it a shot.
Yep. We still have my grandmothers house (she passed a few years back). My parents didn't want to keep cable since we are rarely there. So my brother got a an HD antenna and it works better than we expected.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3nosyeb1 said:
HawkDabz":3nosyeb1 said:

DVD Recorder....or DVR over the air.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
RW92":13eq8tps said:
Seahwkgal":13eq8tps said:
HawkDabz":13eq8tps said:

Can't you just get Directv and get the NFL package? I'm sure there isn't a black out rule because the Seahawks sell out.
I am still in contract with DISH. When it is up, that is what I plan on doing.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":oyzfqs51 said:
Seahwkgal":oyzfqs51 said:
HawkDabz":oyzfqs51 said:

nevermind. Had a brainfart. lol

IndyHawk

Reaction score
All this expensive attenna or boxs ect are not necessary.All you need is a copper wire from back of tv to window.I will say you do need a HD tv

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2t8mw6vp said:
All this expensive attenna or boxs ect are not necessary.All you need is a copper wire from back of tv to window.I will say you do need a HD tv

[youtube]EWQhlmJTMzw[/youtube]

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2c008o1q said:
IndyHawk":2c008o1q said:

Not a bad design. But the grabbit ear design is far superior in reception strength due to fractals. I myself have designed a grabbit air antenna with hybrid coat hanger and copper wire. Get 54 channels with local from Baltimore and DC area.

Attachments

• IMG310175107.jpg
    IMG310175107.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 1,959

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":338skh30 said:
Seahawkfan80":338skh30 said:
Seahwkgal":338skh30 said:
HawkDabz":338skh30 said:

You can DVR over the air? I used to VCR record back in the day but if getting another type of DVR to record antenna signals is what you are implicating, we won't spend the money for another device.

DVR is just a recording device that records on a harddrive that is in that box. If you dont have a digital tuner in the DVR it is a little bit more difficult. But still a possibility. Need to get one of them digital converters that RCA or Memorex or Magnavox made back when things went haywire with digital tv. They could probably be found in a local pawn shop. Heck, even check you craigslist. Remember that some are very weak on signal so you may need an antenna and a booster to strengthen the signal. They also had a signal strength indicator programmed in as well.

Direct tv and Dish tv are sattelite signals converted to analog signals. That is why there was no problem back when getting the signal from them to the old style tv or the new digital tv. It did not matter. My brother gave me one of his old dvrs and I am thinking about trying it with one of my digital converter boxes. The thing about them boxes is that you have to have them on the channel and program it for continuous play for the program you want to record. DVD recorders that have a digital tuner (they are out there) are a tiny bit easier. If you want to save the recording, remember to finalize the recording too.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
ludakrishna":3u44308j said:
Seahawkfan80":3u44308j said:
IndyHawk":3u44308j said:

Not a bad design. But the grabbit ear design is far superior in reception strength due to fractals. I myself have designed a grabbit air antenna with hybrid coat hanger and copper wire. Get 54 channels with local from Baltimore and DC area.

That has massive wavelength potential. I like it.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
RW92":18srk4zt said:
Seahwkgal":18srk4zt said:
HawkDabz":18srk4zt said:

Even with Sunday Ticket the Seahawk games will come on the local FOX affiliate.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
ludakrishna":3hibozbb said:
Seahawkfan80":3hibozbb said:
IndyHawk":3hibozbb said:

Like that if it gets all these channels,I may just make one.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Luda, can you get some dimensions on that work of art? That is if it is not copywrite infringement??? LOL