Finish This Sentence...

The Seahawks Super Bowl Window Is...

• Wide open for at least 5 more years.

Votes: 65 49.2%
  • Pretty open. Maybe the next 3 to 5 years.

Votes: 46 34.8%
  • Fairly open. Perhaps the next 2 to 3 years.

Votes: 16 12.1%
  • Slightly open. Maybe 1 or 2 more years.

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Not open. I am a Panthers or 49ers fan.

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The Seahawks Super Bowl Window Is...

dogorama

Reaction score
My vote of 2-3 years is based upon having our core players in their prime years. These are the players that got us to two Super Bowls, saying five years or more is totally unrealistic.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I have to go with the coaching staff and management. They have comprised all the talent there is on this team and they are still making magic happen. As long as the newbies buy into the system....they will be in contention for the Owl.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
The Seahawks Super Bowl Window Is...wide open for the foreseeable future. Breathe in the fresh air and take in the sights. Then pass these memories down to your kids in 20 years.

kearly

Reaction score
10 years if not more. I think this team is every bit the dynasty as the 80s-90s 49ers or the Belichick Patriots. Pete Carroll doesn't care that he's 65 years old, neither do I.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
I picked two to three years. I haven't been enamored by our draft picks over the last couple of years. I was happy with this last draft but there are too many variables.

If we start shaping up our O-line to average in the NFL, I will feel a lot better about how wide our window is but Wilson will start to slow down as he ages and the Seahawks can't afford to pick up the O-line at the dollar store every year.

sutz

Reaction score
What can I say, I'm a Seattle fan. ;)

I give it 3-5 years for now. I hope that 'wide open for 5 years' is true, but my cautious side says that's a reach. 5 years is an eternity in the NFL.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I went 3 to 5 years.

This almost all on our core players turning over in that time, and for the most part I'm talking about the secondary. Maybe Sherm and Thomas can go longer than that. Chancellor won't as he's already had a ton of nagging injuries.

I'm confident that Pete and John can find viable replacements, but the odds of finding a Sherman in the 5th and not having to pay him again are pretty low. Then throw in Chancellor at the same time, and it's going to be hard.

Every other position is looking pretty good with quality young depth at it. First off, I'm good with Wilson for that long. Before the last half of last year, I was concerned that when Wilson slowed down and couldn't rely on his legs, could he carry us from the pocket ? The answer to that is yes, so that extends the offense for the most part. We don't have to rely on an elite OL. We have a deep young WR corps. We have a very young and extremely deep RB corps, and we've proven we can find quality players there easily.

it all comes down to the secondary. If PC and JS can replace Sherman and Thomas, we're good.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
You guys are all nuts.. if you have a elite an... You are always in the Hunt assuming you have decent talent elsewhere... We will have both or better as long as Wilson is behind center.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
dogorama":2skspofp said:
My vote of 2-3 years is based upon having our core players in their prime years. These are the players that got us to two Super Bowls, saying five years or more is totally unrealistic.
Father time and injuries will affect the road so I agree 5 yrs plus is too much but 3-5 could work.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
kearly":ytupophb said:
10 years if not more. I think this team is every bit the dynasty as the 80s-90s 49ers or the Belichick Patriots. Pete Carroll doesn't care that he's 65 years old, neither do I.

You just made me weep with happiness. Thanks!

chris98251

Reaction score
Pete is coaching 3 years so I will stay with that for now, afterwards is a question mark, we all know how people love to fix things that are not broken, if Pete moves on the next guy will want to fix things he feels need tweeking, also the amount of control the next guy has will probably be different with John anchored in the GM slot two years after, that will effect the chemistry of evaluation also.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Wide open because of our youth, but I stand by my theory that we peaked during our SB season. We will never be able to put a team like that together again, unless JS has another 2012 draft all over again.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Ambrose83":2558aslx said:
You guys are all nuts.. if you have a elite an... You are always in the Hunt assuming you have decent talent elsewhere... We will have both or better as long as Wilson is behind center.
I think you mean QB. If so you're correct that our window begins and ends with Wilson.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1r137rbf said:
Ambrose83":1r137rbf said:
I think you mean QB. If so you're correct that our window begins and ends with Wilson.

Yes phone typing

Mick063

Reaction score
Rogers, Newton, Wilson.

They will be in the thick of it for the next 3-5 years.

Fade

Reaction score
3-5.

PC teams play defense.
RW is a franchise QB, with a lot of young pieces around him so that takes care of the offense.
JS Is a top 5 GM.

I can't go further out than 5 years. because the LOB will be 32+ years old. Mike Bennett and Avril would be 35 & 36. Bobby & KJ will be well into their 30s. So Seattle will have a whole new crew on D in 5 years. Pete will be damn old in 5 years.

Ways to extend the window beyond 5 years? Young defenders such as Frank Clark, Jarran Reed, and Tye Smith need to emerge.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
3-5

It all depends on Pete and Russ. If either one of them leave......we start all over. And I believe that they will be here for five years.