Ten players set to become stars during NFL preseason (#9)

ACFan

Reaction score
I'm even getting worried now at the favorable press.

Ten players set to become stars during NFL preseason

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ten ... 2TT#page=9

#9 Alex Collins

The measurables aren’t great here. Standing at 5-foot-10 and weighing 217 pounds, Collins’ durable frame wont stand out on tape. His lack of a breakaway game also became apparent at Arkansas.

And once Collins ran a 4.60 40-yard at the NFL Scouting Combine, it became apparent that he wouldn’t be drafted in the first two days.

We’re talking about a guy that dominated good SEC defenses to the tune of over 3,700 rushing yards with a 5.6 per carry average during his three years with the Razorbacks.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I love Alex Collins, and I can't remember the names, but the Ark QB, TE and LG were pretty damn good too.

But I think Alex is a natural runner, with innate skill that belies his measurables. He's going to make it hard for Pete to keep him off the field, even with Thomas Rawls and Christine Michaels successes.

I think we're going to have one of the best years in NFL history for running total yards, yards per carry, and Time of Possession. Which in turn, will make our defense one of the best all time.

I remember 2013, and how confident I felt, how much fun it was. And I remember NFL cameras catching Marshawn Lynch telling Pete Carroll "we can take this all the way to the Superbowl" and I smiled, because I knew it was true.

I don't have that same feeling, but instead a deeper feeling of confidence, like a person might feel if they've been successful at life for decades, and they're from a family that with a history of success, and children already having success. No arrogance, no urge to brag, just a confident smile, sitting back and excited about seeing which of our elite players will make the rest of the NFL turn their heads and go "Wow!" each weekend. :179417:

OP
OP
ACFan

ACFan

Reaction score
ivotuk":3twbbn4m said:
I think we're going to have one of the best years in NFL history for running total yards, yards per carry, and Time of Possession. Which in turn, will make our defense one of the best all time.

It's a great situation for any running back, to have a mobile threat like Wilson, and a veteran line running zone blocking.

Rawls did a great job taking advantage of it last year. Collins seems well suited to do the same or even better this year. His receiving and pass blocking skills should solidify him as a dependable every down back.

Nothing will likely get Rawls back to 100% quicker than watching AC run away with his job, which is good.

Gotta have two stud RBs ready for the long haul.

ivotuk

Reaction score
ACFan":1n4n8o4e said:
ivotuk":1n4n8o4e said:

It's a great situation for any running back, to have a mobile threat like Wilson, and a veteran line running zone blocking.

Rawls did a great job taking advantage of it last year. Collins seems well suited to do the same or even better this year. His receiving and pass blocking skills should solidify him as a dependable every down back.

Nothing will likely get Rawls back to 100% quicker than watching AC run away with his job, which is good.

Gotta have two stud RBs ready for the long haul.

Veteran? Like the stadium? I think you mistyped there. And as much as I love AC, he won't be running away with Rawls job. They will be partners in crime, much like Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Williams.

OP
OP
ACFan

ACFan

Reaction score
Collins + zone blocking, hand in glove.

can't wait for this week's game!

OP
OP
ACFan

ACFan

Reaction score
ivotuk":3tyks63d said:
And as much as I love AC, he won't be running away with Rawls job. They will be partners in crime, much like Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Williams.

I agree with the partners, AC could provide Rawls with some note-worthy competition is what I'm saying.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I think Collins is going to remind us of Marshawn Lynch, at least production wise. Maybe not this year, but next year for sure.

He has these short, choppy steps and some hip wiggle that will make it hard for guys to get a good bead on him. He also has plenty of power. If he gets some serious reps, I can see him leading the league in rushes of 10 to 20 yards, similar to how Lynch did at least twice.

He may not be a home run hitter, but he'll move the chains, chew up yards, and beat up the defense.

I feels weird saying this, but don't sleep on Christine Michael. He's so explosive, that he IS the home run hitter, and he's actually bigger and faster than Prosise. He seems to be grasping the mental side of the game, and he's also seemed to embrace the leadership role of being the most experienced back we have. I think he's out of the dog house with Cable due to him being a work horse in camp.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
The thought of 3 explosive RBs on the roster is just :drool: :drool: :drool:

No one guy taking all the punishment. The desperation of defenses trying to stop one guy only to face an equally dangerous one with fresh legs on the next play. Selling out to stymie the run only to see Wilson fling bombs to Lockett, Richardson, Baldwin, etc.

A passionate and determined Rawls, a head-on-straight Michael, and a youngry, bashing Collins is a backfield of dreams. Fingers crossed they all stay healthy.

:snack: