So, Camp is over.....

Largent80

Reaction score
What would you like to see going forward?

For me, as always for so many years, an offensive line that I can believe in.

You?

kearly

Reaction score
I don't think Seattle will be a team who's success is derived from the OL this year, but yeah, it would be nice to see the OL get back to 2011-2012's level of competence.

For me I want to see the defense get back to being nasty again. I honestly thought the Seahawks defense never looked better than it did in last year's preseason, but then the real games started and it was a totally different story. It felt like the 2015 defense let the offense come to them, instead of attacking the offense. I'd really like to see if Richard can rebound from a tough first year and get this defense back into attack mode.

In particular, I would love to see Simon step up and force Shead into a 4th corner role, which IMO is where Shead belongs. I have no real reason to think this will happen, but in terms of what I "hope" to see, that would be right at the top of my list.

dogorama

Reaction score
Largent80":3e5ogk8t said:
What would you like to see going forward?

For me, as always for so many years, an offensive line that I can believe in.

You?

Just about every single article I read lists the O-line as the Seahawk's main concern going into this year. We all know it and I think just about every poster here feels really good about all the other position groups. Football players will tell you that you are only as good as your lines, it IS the point of attack.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Yeah, hoping for Simon to stay healthy so we can see what he can do.

I'm very interested to see what happens with Bruce Irvins former spot. He was very reliable there and we need someone to try and fill that role.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
I have to be honest. I grew up in Anaheim so the Rams were my team. I'm friggin old so the NFL was different when I was young. It was easy to keep a team together and the Rams had a great O-Line for so many years it was ridiculous.

If I look at other aspects, in spite of having a great o-line and even a great defense the Rams didn't get over that hump in L,A. and even after they moved to Anaheim.

Years later, they were actually able to win an SB by a single yard.

That o-line was pretty decent, but in the end, it wasn't the difference in an entire season. So, in reality what the hell am I talking about?........It really ISN'T about the O-Line,

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
kearly":20ft310m said:
I don't think Seattle will be a team who's success is derived from the OL this year, but yeah, it would be nice to see the OL get back to 2011-2012's level of competence.

For me I want to see the defense get back to being nasty again. I honestly thought the Seahawks defense never looked better than it did in last year's preseason, but then the real games started and it was a totally different story. It felt like the 2015 defense let the offense come to them, instead of attacking the offense. I'd really like to see if Richard can rebound from a tough first year and get this defense back into attack mode.

In particular, I would love to see Simon step up and force Shead into a 4th corner role, which IMO is where Shead belongs. I have no real reason to think this will happen, but in terms of what I "hope" to see, that would be right at the top of my list.

This. Anyone that didn't recognize the defense was not right last season is blind. Still good...but just "off".

mrt144

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":mfvwvp42 said:
kearly":mfvwvp42 said:

This. Anyone that didn't recognize the defense was not right last season is blind. Still good...but just "off".

A competent but unsatisfying store brand knock off of Cherry Garcia.

StoneCold

Reaction score
The defense will be fine. Everyone is healed and in synch. OL and RB are the question marks and really RB doesn't seem like that big of one, so really it's the OL. Looking forward to Saturday's preseason game to see what they have. I heard an interview with Ifedi. The guy is smart, well spoken and seems to have a nasty streak. Think we'll be Ok if Brit can hike the ball directly to RW in the shotgun. :)

kidhawk

Reaction score
I definitely will be looking at a few things, but overall, I'd just like to see us have a relatively injury free season.

As far as any position is concerned, I'm really hoping that Reed will step right up and keep the middle of our DL stout.

hawker84

Reaction score
historic defense. Because as we've seen nothing beats a great defense, not even the best offense in history. :mrgreen:

iigakusei

Reaction score
More turnovers on defense and start well on offense early in games.

randomation

Reaction score
I want to see the chain completely taken off of Russ just let him go nuts like he did in the second half of the year. Score often and with our D it's gg. Basically imagine Brees with our D and with the ability to get away that is what Russ can be if he is let loose.

chris98251

Reaction score
I want the defense bitch slap teams, the offense beat up a defense and do the predictable because we can and you can't stop us, we can still blow out people and control the ball. I want us to start out knocking the snot out of people rather then waiting till it's crunch time in the season.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
More of Jackie Montgomery...

CgXSxH2UkAASmX7

And a BEAST of an OL!

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I know it goes against our coach's philosophy, but I'd like to see our offense come out strong in games, get an early lead, and still win out the game on the ground in the 4th.

Fewer "hearstoppers" in terms of comebacks/close wins would be nice to see.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Yeah, it would be nice to see starts to games where we get TD's instead of FG's, but every team wants that.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I'm not too worried about the offense or the offensive line. I want to see the defense with that spark again. As has been stated above, last year they just seemed a half a degree off center. Not quite listless, but just... off.

Denver proved, once again, that defense is the key to winning it all. We have a more than adequate offense to go all the way, we just need the defense to step up and be the dominant force they were leading up to XLIX.

-bsd

mrt144

Reaction score
bigskydoc":29amfl49 said:
I'm not too worried about the offense or the offensive line. I want to see the defense with that spark again. As has been stated above, last year they just seemed a half a degree off center. Not quite listless, but just... off.

Denver proved, once again, that defense is the key to winning it all. We have a more than adequate offense to go all the way, we just need the defense to step up and be the dominant force they were leading up to XLIX.

-bsd

That's harder than it seems though given the marginal improvements they can make from already being one of the best defensive units in football are harder and harder to achieve.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":1x8ypgx5 said:
I know it goes against our coach's philosophy, but I'd like to see our offense come out strong in games, get an early lead, and still win out the game on the ground in the 4th.

Fewer "hearstoppers" in terms of comebacks/close wins would be nice to see.
It's not against Pete's philosophy. He's always said he'd love to score more early. He just believes that even if you do, you still need to finish strong. So "It's not how you start" isn't a literal statement implying it's OK to be lousy early—it's more a statement of always having the fortitude to come back and win in the event your start is less than stellar.