Dual RB sets

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Will teams play nickel against us in two back sets?

If we have both Rawls and Prosise in and the D doesn't 't come out in nickel will Prosise be a good enough splitting out as a receiver to beat LB coverage on the regular?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Good use of Prossie, and could be fun with some misdirection stuff for sure.

And it seems like the type of way too cute thing Bevell would probably do, also. ;)

If I were playing the Hawks I'd go nickel for that for sure though.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Wenhawk":h2zxx66o said:

If we have both Rawls and Prosise in and the D doesn't 't come out in nickel will Prosise be a good enough splitting out as a receiver to beat LB coverage on the regular?

Hell yeah. The people from notre dame and pro scouts say he is a more than competent wr, both out of the backfield and out wide. I think his lack of experience scared people, but damn he looks natural on video. He has great speed, good vision and patience. I am excited about his potential. He has a lot of room to grow, which is amazing when you watch him. I am hesitant to label him as injury prone yet, accidents happen. I hope he comes back and proves the doubters wrong.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Wenhawk":38papqua said:

Maybe... now you've figured out just one possible formation of many as long as Procise isn't a bitch diva like Harvin. The guy is actually a wide receiver being converted to a running back not a hybrid jack of all trades not actually good at a real position like Harvin. Interesting yes? Procise runs actual wide receiver routes and probably understands the playbook just as a bonus.

ACFan

Reaction score
Just put Alex Collins back there, and it'd be like having two guys in the backfield.

<joking!>

Krieg's list

Reaction score
Like Popeye said, it's a pretty easy choice to go nickel in that situation. I can't imagine Hawks coaches wanting to risk either Rawls or Prosise as a blocker between the tackles, so such as package would be less effective at creating mismatches than simply having Prosise alone in the backfield, especially with Graham as a TE that can split out wide based on matchups.

I think they are hoping Prosise can become a rich man's Vereen, where they basically use him as a empty set receiver until the defense subs, then run against a smaller front (while potentially bringing Graham back inline). Of course, all of this is contingent upon Prosise being a decent ball carrier in the zone blocking scheme, which remains to be seen.

But if Prosise does pan out as an RB, I think a Lockett/Baldwin/Graham/Vannett/Prosise personnel package would be ridiculously versatile and could provide many favorable matchups regardless of what package the defense subbed.