I don't care...

LymonHawk

Reaction score
I don't care if it pre-season, exhibition season, whatever...it's Seahawks football!

I'm jonesin', so shoot the juice to me Bruce!!

Go 'Hawks!! :0190l:

Lithium

Reaction score
I gotta tell ya, I have almost zero interest in this game. I HATE pre-season. Just no injuries please.

OP
OP
LymonHawk

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Lithium":3nqmnocm said:
I gotta tell ya, I have almost zero interest in this game. I HATE pre-season. Just no injuries please.

You're not the only one on this board who wants, 'no injuries.' But injuries happen in practice, workouts, OTA's, etc. That's life...injuries happen.

Now the fact you have almost zero interest in this game, is your decision and I'm cool with that...it doesn't affect my love/passion for the game. I'm not really concerned over wins or loses here; that's not why I watch pre-season games.

I mainly watch because I love football and the 'Hawks. I want to get a look at the rookies, guys coming back from injuries, and free agents. I want to see how our O-line looks for the first few series and how the backups look after that. How Boykin looks...is he comfortable back there, or does he look like a deer in the headlights? Actually during the game I could notice the difference in his confidence. That's fun to me. And that last drive was fun to watch. Sorry you missed it

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
LymonHawk":1na7xmzj said:
Lithium":1na7xmzj said:

You're not the only one on this board who wants, 'no injuries.' But injuries happen in practice, workouts, OTA's, etc. That's life...injuries happen.

Now the fact you have almost zero interest in this game, is your decision and I'm cool with that...it doesn't affect my love/passion for the game. I'm not really concerned over wins or loses here; that's not why I watch pre-season games.

I mainly watch because I love football and the 'Hawks. I want to get a look at the rookies, guys coming back from injuries, and free agents. I want to see how our O-line looks for the first few series and how the backups look after that. How Boykin looks...is he comfortable back there, or does he look like a deer in the headlights? Actually during the game I could notice the difference in his confidence. That's fun to me. And that last drive was fun to watch. Sorry you missed it

And wasn't it a preseason game against KC that Russell stepped out onto the stage of wow-ness and basically earned himself a closer look as a starter?

There are real battles in preseason that are worth watching. And I agree, Lymon: it's football! :0190l:

Erebus

Reaction score
I know it's pointless and there are higher priorities, but I still want to win in the pre-season.

gargantual

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":38srmeuh said:
LymonHawk":38srmeuh said:
Lithium":38srmeuh said:

And wasn't it a preseason game against KC that Russell stepped out onto the stage of wow-ness and basically earned himself a closer look as a starter?

There are real battles in preseason that are worth watching. And I agree, Lymon: it's football! :0190l:
Interesting observation. Maybe KC is where I QBs go to start their meteoric rise.

It's a nice dream anyways :D

Lithium

Reaction score
LymonHawk":1qm10no3 said:
Lithium":1qm10no3 said:

I love football and the hawks too. Just not these games...I understand why someone would enjoy watching them, I just like the games that mean something. Also, I did catch that last drive and all I think about is "Well that was a good job vs a #5db and 2nd and 3rd string defense, lets see that in a real game."

Lithium

Reaction score
LymonHawk":34c6ih3l said:
Lithium":34c6ih3l said:

I love football and the hawks too. Just not these games...I understand why someone would enjoy watching them, I just like the games that mean something. Also, I did catch that last drive and all I think about is "Well that was a good job vs a #5db and 2nd and 3rd string defense, lets see that in a real game, oh wait 3 more games...."

I understand the young guys need these games, I just ...dont haha.. Go hawks

chris98251

Reaction score
It means something to measure the young guys and see what they do under stress and pressure, a Rookie QB that never seen NFL action able to not fail and collapse under pressure and keep his head on straight and execute is a great window into his abilities. How many try to do to much or lose focus or the moment becomes bigger then they are able to overcome. Even if it's a pre season game, it's a Super Bowl for them or a career possibly.

gargantual

Reaction score
Lithium":25pqsrv3 said:
LymonHawk":25pqsrv3 said:
Lithium":25pqsrv3 said:

I love football and the hawks too. Just not these games...I understand why someone would enjoy watching them, I just like the games that mean something. Also, I did catch that last drive and all I think about is "Well that was a good job vs a #5db and 2nd and 3rd string defense, lets see that in a real game."
Sure, pee in everone's cheerios... :pukeface:

Lithium

Reaction score
^ lol, if you enjoy it then who cares what i think right? you can just count me in the group that wants it cut down to just 2 games.

Jville

Reaction score
LymonHawk":kptnhifo said:
I don't care if it pre-season, exhibition season, whatever...it's Seahawks football!

I'm jonesin', so shoot the juice to me Bruce!!

Go 'Hawks!! :0190l:

What a great start for the 2016 campaign. :2thumbs: The Seahawks look, to me, to be ahead of schedule this year. I'm gonna go back over the video tomorrow. There is some terrific information in there to be harvested. Building a team is an annual process. I totally enjoyed this 1st preseason game.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/764625752507711488[/tweet]

irocdave

Reaction score
I think it's an age thing. As I get older I am beginning to enjoy watching the pre season games. Back in my 20's I spent most Saturdays and Sundays doing side work but all ways had the game on the radio, in my 30's I would try and watch the games, unless I was working on our house or a friends house (quite doing side work in my early 30's). Well in to 40's now and watch every game unless were out on the boat or I'm helping some one work on their boat. Until last year, I never watched preseason games, didn't care if they won or lost and wasn't all that interested in watching the competition for jobs, just wanted to see the games that mattered (regular season). Now I have more time and want to see the young guys battle it out to win jobs or make the cut.

It comes down to how much time you want and or have to invest in the Seahawks.