Cool Pic of the Kingdome Being Bult

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Man, I was but a wee child at the time, having no idea what was to lie ahead for me. All the Sundays spent with soaring blood pressure, moments of glory, many more moments of shame and embarrassment. And then a website called .NET and seeing the franchise I loved with all my heart become an elite Super Bowl Champion. What a ride! Wouldn't trade it for the world.

Attachments

• kingdomebuild.jpg
    kingdomebuild.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 1,175

Basis4day

Reaction score
Sometimes i forget that the Safeco is standing where the Kingdome was and not the Clink.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Basis4day":1xpjrmi8 said:
Sometimes i forget that the Safeco is standing where the Kingdome was and not the Clink.
Not quite. The Mariners played the first half of the 1999 season season in the Kingdome, and 2nd half of the year at Safeco. I know, my buddy had season tix I went to a ton of games that year in the dome and the brand new Safeco field (I went to the first game) and the K'dome was still there.

The CLink is where the old Kingdome was, that's why the Hawks had to play at UW for a year or 2 while it was being built.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sports Hernia":21yiut6c said:
The CLink is where the old Kingdome was, that's why the Hawks had to play at UW for a year or 2 while it was being built.

That is correct. The Kingdome lives on as an ancient burial ground underneath our beloved stadium.

Safeco Field is a couple blocks South.

Threedee

Reaction score
I miss the Kingdome. Safeco and the Clink are technically superior, but it was my playground. There was something magical about walking up-and-down those ramps. Also, every time I stepped inside, it still felt like it was the late 70s...

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Threedee":29417sqd said:
I miss the Kingdome. Safeco and the Clink are technically superior, but it was my playground. There was something magical about walking up-and-down those ramps. Also, every time I stepped inside, it still felt like it was the late 70s...

Definitely some nostalgia about the old Dome. Im a little younger then some of you (33) So my memories of it are Jr. Running around in the outfield and Mirer/Friezs/Kitna/Moon qb'ing the hawks...

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Ah those crappy 110 camera 4" grainy ass 70s photos. Whoever took the photo probably wasted one side of a flash cube in the process. Good stuff! :les: