Boykin's Introduction

chris98251

Reaction score
Well he showed a few things, he stays on top of things, he steps up and remains focused, maintains composure, able to get guys in position, oh and makes plays.

Not bad for his first game being thrown in to a real game situation your first time out. Funny the Chiefs were where Wilson made his real mark as well in Pre Season.

dogorama

Reaction score
chris98251":7rry70em said:
Well he showed a few things, he stays on top of things, he steps up and remains focused, maintains composure, able to get guys in position, oh and makes plays.

Not bad for his first game being thrown in to a real game situation your first time out. Funny the Chiefs were where Wilson made his real mark as well in Pre Season.

I thought earlier that he looked an awful lot like Tavaris but probably niftier on his feet. In either case a respectable start. Hopefully this will save us some dough that a veteran would have cost.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
gargantual":1h3cqcon said:
Good omen I'm hoping.

Notice how well he moved the ball in hurry up?

Real diff I thought.

I thought he looked a lot more comfortable, relaxed, and really just played the game more on instinct. He seemed tighter and looked to me like he was trying to think too much earlier. It will be interesting to see how he progresses thru the preseason. I think he will look so much better even just the next game.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Let's remember that Boykin is auditioning for backup QB. He doesn't need to be Russell, just a good enough facsimile that we can win some games. I thought he showed well enough to give us a breather for at least a week or two.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if heaps had more time that he could do some damage
Boykin shined in hurry up but really overthrew some potential points but the kid does have some wheels and a high ceiling
Either way I feel they are a better option than tjack actually so I'm totally gonna go with trusting pc
Loved our first string oline by the way

mort

Reaction score
Most of of my question marks became exclamation marks today, ...couldn't be happier for a first look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Throwdown

Reaction score
I liked what I saw, only peeve was sometimes the mechanics looked off, throwing off the back foot and stuff, I personally think it was nerves. We'll see next week though, I liked a lot of things though from him.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Throwdown":1x235xvr said:
I liked what I saw, only peeve was sometimes the mechanics looked off, throwing off the back foot and stuff, I personally think it was nerves. We'll see next week though, I liked a lot of things though from him.
Agree.

razor150

Reaction score
His last 2 minute drill he ran terribly, he wasted a lot of time needlessly instead of spiking the ball, but since it worked out for him nobody says anything. I was literally wondering why he was wasting so much time, and then when the pass was completed I was like "You've got to be kidding me."

Rob12

Reaction score
We ever going to get to the point around here where we can spell the names of our players correctly?

It's Boykin. :)

Rob12

Reaction score
Throwdown":30qibsgi said:

Same here, but those are fixable issues.

Boykin put a lot of separation between him and Heaps today, I think. I don't doubt Heaps' physical tools; I do doubt that he can react quick enough to play in this league.

MLOhawks

Reaction score
Rob12":1i7iopgt said:
Throwdown":1i7iopgt said:

Boykin put a lot of separation between him and Heaps today, I think. I don't doubt Heaps' physical tools; I do doubt that he can react quick enough to play in this league.

This. Heaps is a head case and has been since high school.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Rob12":2lg3tsjb said:
We ever going to get to the point around here where we can spell the names of our players correctly?

It's Boykin. :)

Thank you. This reminds me of the dark days when many, many idiots insisted on posting about Grant Winstrom.

Sent from my iPhone, which is way better than Roland's Nokia.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Rob12":2ecmmr57 said:
Throwdown":2ecmmr57 said:

I think it'll come with experience and the confidence that comes with it, because he only really did it a few times. Sometimes he was delivering nice ass throws, I really wanted that one to Richardson, just barely off the mark it would've been a beauty.

Smellyman

Reaction score
MLOhawks":32s08k0i said:
Rob12":32s08k0i said:
Throwdown":32s08k0i said:

This. Heaps is a head case and has been since high school.

Camp arm. He sucked in college, no way he is remotely below average in the NFL

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
dogorama":gb1ft53g said:
chris98251":gb1ft53g said:

I thought earlier that he looked an awful lot like Tavaris but probably niftier on his feet. In either case a respectable start. Hopefully this will save us some dough that a veteran would have cost.
Please be so.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I'm still in the camp to bring back Tarvaris. Boykin displayed a lot of rough edges, which we figured he would as an UDFA rookie, and he could learn a great deal yet with the mentoring of Russ and Tarvaris. If we lose Russ for a couple of weeks, I don't want to be holding my breath every play and crossing my fingers that Boykin can get the job done. You don't get that with Tarvaris. He has veteran savvy and a command of the offense and that puts the rest of the team at ease. Look, we've had a Super Bowl contending team built in front of us and it would be a shame to see that all come crumbling down because we put our faith in an unproven player at a pivotal position, especially when a veteran who has been a part of our emergence for 4 of the past 5 years was available at a salary-cap friendly price. I'm all for giving Boykin maximum reps in the final 3 preseason games, but let's bring back the nice insurance policy that T-Jack provides.

soohawk

Reaction score
t jack will be getting nice suspension for his off field activities and as such i believe that boat has sailed with all due respect