Tanner McEvoy

kearly

Reaction score
He juggled the ones he did catch and dropped a few. Watch the replay of the hail mary and you'll see that he almost loses the ball between his legs while going to the ground.

Still, for a guy playing out of his natural position to help the team out, he made a positive impression and racked up some karma. He's not going to make the team as a WR though.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
He's the Sam Perkins of the Hawks. Did you see the vertical on that catch? I think he got about 3" off the ground.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
L.. The know it all attitude is such a good look. Watch football and let it be what it will be..

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
Prediction right now: Graham gets traded/released and gets replaced by Tanner McEvoy

screen cap this

seabowl

Reaction score
Crizilla":rva0j74p said:
Prediction right now: Graham gets traded/released and gets replaced by Tanner McEvoy

screen cap this

I think you have something here. Also Boykin threw a td today against the 17th sting D so let's trade Russell and keep Boykin.

:187734: :229031_banghead: :34853_doh:

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
seabowl":6aj4ro9n said:
Crizilla":6aj4ro9n said:

screen cap this

I think you have something here. Also Boykin threw a to today against the 17th sting D so let's trade Russell and keep Boykin.

:187734: :229031_banghead: :34853_doh:
:laugh:

Smellyman

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":3fjlyztr said:
He's the Sam Perkins of the Hawks. Did you see the vertical on that catch? I think he got about 3" off the ground.

He has a 34 inch vert and is a very good athlete. Played that ball perfect.

Knocking his athleticism for a 6'6 guy probably not the thing to pick on.

randomation

Reaction score
McEvoy has a great vert he just knew he could get the ball without going up for it still think he would be better at safety though he barely played receiver for the Badgers

Pie Romania

Reaction score
He could be a nice utility depth player, but at this stage he is suited for the practice squad given how raw he is. If he can contribute in other games this preseason, then maybe he won't be safe on the PS; We'll have to see. I see him ideally as a WR/TE hybrid even though I doubt he could contribute much as a blocker. At 6'6" 230lbs with a 33.5" Vertical Jump & 4.4-4.5 speed, he could be a chess piece similar to how I hope we use Jimmy Graham in order to exploit the defense & create mismatches. I could also see him as a safety (similar to Browner's current role) who has the size & speed to make an impact and also be tested out as an OLB if he can be physical/aggressive enough. He has the speed to get into the backfield quickly on blitzes/get in the face of QB's to knock down passes as well as stay competitive in coverage so long as he is capable of learning the nuances of the position. That speed would also be beneficial in pursuit of RB's from the backside. If the RB hesitates even the slightest bit when running East/West looking for a lane, he could crash down parallel with the LOS and create TFL's like I had hoped KPL would with his speed. Not to mention his size again, but would match up perfectly covering the athletic TE's.

This is all just speculation of course, but if he isn't on the final roster and we are able to stash him on the Practice Squad for a year (what I am hoping for), I hope they do some experimenting to find 2-3 positions he has the potential to excel at. We have outstanding depth at the positions he seems most ideal for (Safety, Wide Receiver, & Tight End), so with a year of learning and possible losses at one of those positions next offseason, he could make the roster by being plugged into whichever spot has the least depth. He has seen time at QB in the past, so add that to the list of positions he can be tested at & study for. So much potential though, but so do a lot of others from this draft/udfa class.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
kearly":3qms4khx said:
Still, for a guy playing out of his natural position to help the team out, he made a positive impression and racked up some karma. He's not going to make the team as a WR though.
You make is sound as though McEvoy had some sort of choice in the matter. And safety was not his natural position, he's been primarily a QB/WR since HS, who also doubled as a safety at Wisconsin in 2013 and again in 2015, when he played on both sides of the ball. Given his versatility, specials teams value, and unique physical traits (something Pete Carroll loves), I could easily see him making the team as a WR. At a minimum, he's a slam dunk for the PS.

LegendKiller

Reaction score
Crizilla":tu5muty0 said:

screen cap this

LOL...you're joking right? That's like saying the packers would trade/release Jordy Nelson because Jeff Janis caught a Hail Mary against the Cards in the playoffs to send it to OT. Jimmy Graham is one of the best TEs in the game.

King Dog

Reaction score
Crizilla":1ftac1xp said:

screen cap this

Damn. Some of you guys are serious nerds. Spoiler alert - he was kidding.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
I could see them wanting him to make the practice squad, similar to Sokoli. They are athletic freaks and have a good upside but are raw as can be. This team is going to be stacked this year and we just don't have room on the 53 for a player of his caliber.

You can't let essentially 2 good plays cloud the fact that he looked incredibly uncomfortable out there. It's not his fault really considering how much they've moved him around, but I see him as purely a developmental player.

Cool play at the end (and he cradled the ball between his legs to avoid a drop). Reminds me of the Richard Rodgers play against DET because once you saw that box out in both cases you could see the TD coming.

Rob12

Reaction score
Crizilla":2bskyda4 said:

screen cap this

Doubt it. With as close as RW and Jimmy appear to be, I don't think the Seahawks will give up on Jimmy after one season - especially after he busted his ass to hopefully make it back by Week 1, which would probably be unprecedented.

Pump the brakes. It's one preseason game...

sutz

Reaction score
Rob12":223k32zu said:
Crizilla":223k32zu said:

screen cap this

Doubt it. With as close as RW and Jimmy appear to be, I don't think the Seahawks will give up on Jimmy after one season - especially after he busted his ass to hopefully make it back by Week 1, which would probably be unprecedented.

Pump the brakes. It's one preseason game...
...and Jimmy was looking pretty good at the time he went down. If he can get back to close to that level, he'll be a lot more valuable than some future pick crapshoot. :roll:

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
He's definitely a long shot but I hope they can stash him on the PS. He did fight a couple balls, but if he can work on his hands and route running he might develop into a Big Mike Williams type of player with better speed.

randomation

Reaction score
Unless we for some reason keep Heaps we could keep Tanner as 3rd QB/Depth Wr/ Safety. Let him develop chemistry for a year and then see what he can do with a full year at the same position for the first time in 3 years.

Basis4day

Reaction score
randomation":2bmf1vn9 said:
Unless we for some reason keep Heaps we could keep Tanner as 3rd QB/Depth Wr/ Safety. Let him develop chemistry for a year and then see what he can do with a full year at the same position for the first time in 3 years.

As far as Heaps goes, I don't believe they've kept 3 qbs since before RW's first year. I want to say JP lossman in 2010 was the only time under PC.

53 roster spots sounds like a lot, but it really isn't. If you look at WR depth, and DB depth, it's very difficult to make a place for McEvoy. Especially the way Tyvis Powell played.