The Last Time SEA Won In KC 17-16

King Dog

Reaction score
I remember being down in Olympia with my family as a kid for some reason and listening to that game on the radio in the Le Baron station wagon with wood paneling. So awesome :)

olyfan63

Reaction score
One of the all-time memorable Seahawks plays. Watch in the replay, Derrick Thomas, #58, should have had sack #8 on that play, but "Frantic Fran" D. Kriegenton channels another elusive QB and somehow slips out of Thomas' grasp to make that great throw, and Skansi makes the catch. I thought Skansi got rocked a little more on the catch than the video shows, but in any case, he held on.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I remember that game vividly. I was in college at the time and watched it in the lounge of the dorm I was living in. All game long, Derrick Thomas beat our offensive line like a drum. As I recall that team, it's not that our line was bad or anything ... it's just that Derrick Thomas was a freak of nature. For those who never saw Thomas play -- think J.J. Watt. That's about the closest modern comparison I can come with. Unbelievable athleticism and speed for a linebacker. Thomas had 20 sacks that season -- and his 7 sacks in that game is still the NFL record for most sacks in a game. As you can see by the film, Krieg just dodged sack #8 and made a great throw to Skansi with no time left on the clock. When he hit Skansi, I was jumping up and down, as I literally couldn't believe what I had just seen. One of the single greatest finishes in Seahawks history for sure.

kearly

Reaction score
That was the moment that made me a Seahawks fan. Good times.

getnasty

Reaction score
I was 7 years old when that game happen, and can still remember that play like it was yesterday.

grizbob

Reaction score
Damn near put 14000 gallons of jet fuel in the pucker brush in Ninilchik, AK. :shock:

pugs1

Reaction score
I was at Arrowhead that day and it was glorious! I was so pissed at Andy Heck I wanted them to leave him in K.C. And then Krieg hit Skansi and all was forgiven! I'll never forget Vann McElroy strapping on his helmet before running up the tunnel because fans were throwing crap at them. Good times.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Just a shame that derrick Thomas died the way he did. He would have been one of the best ever to do it. Well, he was, but just cut tragically short. I remember the afc west days. That's what made that superbowl win even greater against the Broncos for us older HAWK fans that remember the old days. Can't say I miss them being in the afc, I lIke where they are at now. I read an article when the teams were still bidding to move to LA that said there was a possibility the HAWKS would be forced to move back to the afc west. To say I was worried was an understatement. Thankfully it is a non issue.

Seafan

Reaction score
I remember watching that game and thinking it was one of the greatest games I had ever seen. It was awesome the way the Hawks didn't give up.

ivotuk

Reaction score
We didn't get a whole lot of Seahawks games in Alaska back then, but fortunately for me, we got that one. What an amazing game. I've always loved Dave "Milton College" Kreig.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Remember like it was yesterday-
just could not win in that place. house of horrors

check out John L Williams reaction. He starts walking out of end zone without emotion.

I think he thought that Skansi dropped it.

Anyone else notice that?

Check him out. I really think he thought Skansi dropped ball, and the camera cut before he noticed

A

Anonymous

hawksfansinceday1":25qhoka8 said:
getnasty":25qhoka8 said:
I was 7 years old when that game happen.....

Crizilla":25qhoka8 said:
Damn I was only 1 when this happened :/

I was 34. Sigh.

I was 27, and changing a 6-month-old's poopy diaper, while trying to get the oldest to get his finger out of his nose. The wife had just started a new weekend job and I was being a relatively-new daddy during this one.

One of the only games in the 90's I didn't get drunk watching.