Seahawks updated 53-man roster projection after week 1

Cyrus12

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":lg2gyc8d said:
4 TE's? Come on now especially at the expense of Mcavoy really?
lets see how he does against something other than 4th stringers on defence....We see this every year, someone stands out and by week 4 they are cut.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Seems like a solid projection.

Four TEs apear likely right now with Brandon Williams giving them a solid blocker.

Kasen Williams (hamstring) could be subbed for any number of guys, including possibly Tanner McEvoy.

I have J’Marcus Webb, Rees Odhiambo, Patrick Lewis, Jahri Evans, Terry Poole, and Joey Hunt all on the bubble. Any two of them could be released depending on the remaining competition and injuries. I prefer Hunt more than Lewis and Odhiambo more than Evans right now.

They could go with four DTs instead of five. Siliga, Jefferson, Hill, and Bryant are all battling.

That's a lot of safeties too. Browner and Powell could be competing. We'll see.

Rob12

Reaction score
Brandon Williams can block, catch, and play on Special Teams. I think he makes it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vetamur

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2o8s7n8n said:

McEvoy did nothing when in the game against what would be the Chief's 2nd string. Against the 3rd and 4th string he was awesome..but that only goes so far. In practices that I went to , albeit the first 3, he needed extra coaching to understand what to do and didnt look all that great.

4 TEs..but one is Graham.. and one is Willson.. and they may go without a true FB this year so, 4 seems pretty reasonable to me.

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
Vetamur":fynl6qhk said:
MizzouHawkGal":fynl6qhk said:

McEvoy did nothing when in the game against what would be the Chief's 2nd string. Against the 3rd and 4th string he was awesome..but that only goes so far. In practices that I went to , albeit the first 3, he needed extra coaching to understand what to do and didnt look all that great.

4 TEs..but one is Graham.. and one is Willson.. and they may go without a true FB this year so, 4 seems pretty reasonable to me.

The decision comes down to the fact that we have plenty of receivers who can catch the ball but not many TE's who can block. Besides, even though Graham is listed as a TE, the bulk of his success has been achieved playing as WR would. Of course that is predicated upon JG's return to full health.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I don't think we keep 7 LBs because we will be in Nickel a lot. I see us going for a 6th receiver instead. One of McEvoy, Lawler, Smith or Foxx makes it over Marsh or Pinkins.

Something I also feel strangely confident about is Tye Smith beating out Marcus Burley for a roster spot.

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
Overseasfan":2q92tfz7 said:
I don't think we keep 7 LBs because we will be in Nickel a lot. I see us going for a 6th receiver instead. One of McEvoy, Lawler, Smith or Foxx makes it over Marsh or Pinkins.

Something I also feel strangely confident about is Tye Smith beating out Marcus Burley for a roster spot.

Tye is one I am worried about losing.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1mb96x1e said:

As you brought up in another thread, I too think we need to eliminate the fullback spot. I am just hoping that spot goes to mcevoy. I think they can find room on this roster for both Powell and mcevoy. Maybe cutting Webb would be an option. Who cares how much dead cap space he takes up. We already have enough room in the salary cap.

GLio14

Reaction score
Overseasfan":2aqgfp7b said:

I don't have a whole lot of confidence in Burley. I understand the need for him in regards to depth, but I wholeheartedly agree with you in terms of Tye beating out Burley.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":dzum2vhg said:
MizzouHawkGal":dzum2vhg said:
lets see how he does against something other than 4th stringers on defence....We see this every year, someone stands out and by week 4 they are cut.
So we should just NOT have any high expectations and just cut him now?
Maybe we need to give our Defensive 1st stringers another long hard look after making some lousy plays in the beginning of this first game too?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
GLio14":1mfp1jso said:
Overseasfan":1mfp1jso said:

I don't have a whole lot of confidence in Burley. I understand the need for him in regards to depth, but I wholeheartedly agree with you in terms of Tye beating out Burley.

I have more confidence in Burley and Smith than I do Tharold Simon. I think Simon gets cut if he continues to underwhelm.

Fade

Reaction score
He is keeping too many LBers on his projection. I have the the Hawks keeping 5, 6 if you count Marsh as a LBer.

He doesn't seem to value team control at all, which is very important.

A primary example being Tye Smith 3 yrs vs. Tharold Simon 1 yr.

Tharold Simon is going to have to play himself on to the roster, and truly shine ala' C-Mike, or they are going to go with younger guys with more years of team control. Frankly I would go that route anyway, given his underwhelming 3 year injury plagued career.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I can't see Tye Smith getting cut. Too much potential, and he's flashed the ability to play outside. I'd keep him over another linebacker or even Browner.

Burley is a lock, IMO. He's shown he's an average to above average nickel corner. That's really, really valuable.