At least one national reviewer liked our O-line

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/seahawks-offensive-line-smashing-debut-220121584.html?nhp=1

interesting review from Yahoo.com on the O-line unit, with some nice video examples.

For what it’s worth though the new starting Seahawks offensive line looked excellent in their first preseason game.

Tom Cable shuffled the deck yet again this week and started this lineup:

LT: Bradley Sowell
LG: Mark Glowinski
C: Justin Britt
RG: Germain Ifedi
RT: Garry Gilliam

This first string Seahawks offensive line was on the field 23 snaps over two drives and the team gained 96 yards.

Good line play is always a team effort, but what’s really remarkable is how well all five played. It’s a rare thing for a group with this little experience playing together and showing strong the first time they’re on the field. The switch at tackle was the most intriguing development.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Good article. One correction I would note is that Gilliam weighs more now than the author thinks he does. Sowell and Gilliam both look about the same weight -- around 310 lbs, I would guess. Officially, Sowell is listed at less (309 vs. 315 for Gilliam). Sowell is a little taller, while Gilliam's arms are actually two inches longer.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I sure hope these hoss' keep trending upwards. If this game was any indication, my optimism throughout the offseason is going to be validated. Man it is so awesome to be a seahawk fan. I have been one for 33 years now. Although I have loved every team they put on the field, good or bad, there is something about the makeup of this team I love. That makeup extends from the lowest strength coach to Mr. Allen himself. I don't know if there ever will be a team in any sport that means more to me than these dudes. I get a lot of crap about being a seahawk fanatic, but I don't care. Those people will never understand the brother and sisterhood that we 12's get to share. That's fine with me though. I want the lifelong, or even just long term, seahawks fan club to remain a somewhat exclusive thing. Thank you fellow 12's for being such an awesome group of people. Hopefully we will remain some of the most hated fans in the league for years to come. That would mean they continue to hate because OUR team continues to kick their teams asses. F-ING GOHAWKS!

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Yeah, not seeing that monster Denver pass rush in the first preseason game is a nice bonus this year.