Kenny Easley named senior finalist for Hall Of Fame 2017

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I read on the NFL network news bar that Kenny Easly will be a senior finalist for the HOF class of 2027. This is a Damn travesty!!! How is he not in the HOF yet? When I think about shutdown dbs from back in the day, two names instantly come to mind. Dick "night train" Lane at cornerback. Also, Kenny Easley at strong safety. I know they are from different eras and teams, they were just both ahead of their time in my opinion. Here are some stats for Easley, although I am probably not telling you anything you don't already know. Easley was a 5 time pro bowler. He was a 4 time first team all pro, and a 1 year second team all pro player. He was the 1984 defensive player of the year, as a strong safety! He was also selected for the 1980's all decade team. In an Era that was completely run oriented, he retired with 32 interceptions, three of which he returned for a touchdown. He also had 8 career sacks. Not to mention he was a part of the 1984 game against the Chiefs in which the Seahawks returned 4 interceptions for touchdowns, equaling 325 total yds. Kenny returned one of them for 58 yds. I guess maybe they hold only playing six years against him. A short career hasn't kept other players from getting into Canton. Earl Camble is one guy who comes instantly to mind. Anyway, just had to vent some frustrations over this injustice.

OP
OP
Jimjones0384

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Damnit, complety over looked the fact there was already a thread about this. Sorry people, my bad.
Bad day, I guess I am a space case. It is obnoxious to post the same thread. Sorry again.