Hotel, Parking Advice

Reaction score
Hey Mods, feel free to move this as I'm not sure of the proper forum.

My Dad and I will be attending the Carolina game for our first Seahawks game since the Kingdome days in the early 90's. This will also be the first time ever that my dad and I have been able to go to a game, just the 2 of us. We're really stoked.

We'll be traveling from Montana. We'll be driving, so we'll leave Montana early Saturday morning, check into a hotel in Seattle that evening, hang out in Seattle on Sunday head to the game Sunday night, then drive home Monday morning. We've already purchased our tickets and will be booking a hotel asap. Ideally, we'd just like to leave our car at the hotel, then walk / bus (checked into the light rail, it won't be running for the Carolina game) to Century Link.

Anybody have any advice / tips as far as hotels, parking garages, etc?

Thanks and Go Hawks!

hawkfan51

Reaction score
Executive Hotel Pacific, 400 Spring St.
Rooms start around 120 bucks...it is not a 4 star hotel by no means, but for a one night stay it will meet all your needs, unless your looking for a above average room...this is it...we have stayed here 3 times over the years. Walk to the game, pike st. mkt. etc etc. easy access off interstate. enjoy the game, we are jealous, from another Montana Guy. hawkfan51

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Well it all depends on how much you're willing to pay. We come in from Spokane (as you can see) and like to stay at the Westin. Those rooms will run you about $230 a night tho. Plus an additional $59 a night to park your car. I was expecting them to at least wash the car and fill it up for that price! The LA Quinta Seattle used to be where we'd stay, but that part of town has gone way down hill recently.

Since you're leaving Monday morning I'd just leave the car at the hotel and do what you were saying to get to the game. We usually leave town right after the game so we park at Safeco. Easiest access back onto I 90

OP
OP
MissoulaHawkFan
Reaction score
Jerhawk":3bk3rwxn said:
Well it all depends on how much you're willing to pay. We come in from Spokane (as you can see) and like to stay at the Westin. Those rooms will run you about $230 a night tho. Plus an additional $59 a night to park your car. I was expecting them to at least wash the car and fill it up for that price! The LA Quinta Seattle used to be where we'd stay, but that part of town has gone way down hill recently.

Since you're leaving Monday morning I'd just leave the car at the hotel and do what you were saying to get to the game. We usually leave town right after the game so we park at Safeco. Easiest access back onto I 90
Yeah, it would be a 8ish hour drive for us and over 2 passes - at night - in the winter if we left after the game.

I almost kinda wish it was a Monday game so we could just stay at the Holiday Inn and take the bus.

saroos

Reaction score
My family and I flew in from North Pole AK last year for the SF game. We stayed at the Hampton Inn close to Sea Tac I believe off 28th. They shuttle took us right up to the train station and dropped us off a few blocks from clink.
The funest trip me and my family has been on didn't have to worry about driving and finding parking. Hotel was 120 a night, free shuttle to and from train station and train fare was it. It was nice to be able to drink as much as we wanted and not worry about driving.
Recommend the hawks best bar to pre game but get there early it gets tight. If you have kids take them to touchdown city.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
have stayed at the hampton by the space needle. cheap cab ride and will let you leave your car there until game is over. liked the sheraton as well but pricey.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Get a room at the Silver Cloud Inn Lake Union. Get a lake facing room and watch the sea planes take off and land on the lake from your room. An excellent steak restaurant that is apparently well known is walking distance, and the hotel runs shuttles to Pioneer Square and back so you dont have to worry about driving and parking at the game, or if you want to head that area for other stuff like the Underground Tour.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
There's two trains:

Link Light Rail goes from SeaTac Airport to Husky Stadium. You can get off at International District or Stadium Station. This runs until just past midnight every day. This allows you to expand your hotel if you get a place close to a Link Light Rail station.

Sound Transit the long-commute train that goes north towards Everett and south towards Auburn from King's Station north of the stadium parking lot. They don't run all the time.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
hawkfan51":rjk71f7l said:
Executive Hotel Pacific, 400 Spring St.
Rooms start around 120 bucks...it is not a 4 star hotel by no means, but for a one night stay it will meet all your needs, unless your looking for a above average room...this is it...we have stayed here 3 times over the years. Walk to the game, pike st. mkt. etc etc. easy access off interstate. enjoy the game, we are jealous, from another Montana Guy. hawkfan51

This is where we stay also. As you said, not the nicest, but pretty easy walking distance to just about everything, including the stadium. Hell, you're only there to sleep.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
What are you driving? I would also recommend the Silver Cloud Lake Union unless you are driving a truck or SUV. They offer free parking, one of the few to still do so, but the spaces are tight even for a full-size car. Shuttle, cab or bus works great from this hotel.

tc06067

Reaction score
Ive been to Seattle 1 time for a game, I'm from CT. We stayed at the Edgewater Hotel. They had a shuttle that brought us to Pioneer Square and we walked to the stadium, short walk. It was a great time! We got a great deal on Priceline, express deal.

Latest posts