Question from a tea drinking Limey.

Oh Christ! The game is on at 3am on a Friday morning with work starting at 9am. What to do?

• Go to bed early and get up at 3am

Votes: 35 43.2%
  • Go to bed late maybe get an hour or so

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Stay up all night and be a man, accurate hospital work isnt that important

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Just not bother at all, its preseason. Troll webzone and go to sleep as normal.

Votes: 28 34.6%
  • Something else?

Votes: 6 7.4%

• Total voters

Vesuve

Reaction score
Hi TDL,

I live in South East Asia and I have NFL Gamepass.

I don't see / know the score when I watch it Monday morning before work, so it's interesting.

I don't like to miss sleep, so I usually watch the games 8-10 hours after they are over in the morning (here in South East Asia).

Or, I can watch it after work - making sure I do NOT click any NFL links or links to sports websites of Seattle newpapers. My Colleagus do not talk NFL.

I'm very happy with NFL Gamepass.

Just an idea.

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Vesuve":r75rx7cs said:
Hi TDL,

I live in South East Asia and I have NFL Gamepass.

I don't see / know the score when I watch it Monday morning before work, so it's interesting.

I don't like to miss sleep, so I usually watch the games 8-10 hours after they are over in the morning (here in South East Asia).

Or, I can watch it after work - making sure I do NOT click any NFL links or links to sports websites of Seattle newpapers. My Colleagus do not talk NFL.

I'm very happy with NFL Gamepass.

Just an idea.

I have NFL Gamepass, its the only real way I can watch Seahawks games legitimately. I just know that I will end up seeing the result somehow. Facebook feed, Twitter or whatever.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Depends on...

If you have a way to watch it later.
If you have work Saturday also.
If tea is enough stimulation, or if coffee is an option.
If watching this game has any effect on the Brexit. :lol:

I would try for about 5 hours of sleep, watch the game, work, then a crash-nap after, up and at 'em by 9pm for Friday night fun. Somewhere in there, a can of mushy peas. :lol:

A

Anonymous

HawkAroundTheClock":25au0j10 said:
Depends on...

If you have a way to watch it later.
If you have work Saturday also.
If tea is enough stimulation, or if coffee is an option.
If watching this game has any effect on the Brexit. :lol:

I would try for about 5 hours of sleep, watch the game, work, then a crash-nap after, up and at 'em by 9pm for Friday night fun. Somewhere in there, a can of mushy peas. :lol:

According to your username, you are not supposed to sleep. :les:

Are you even qualified to suggest it? :stirthepot:

:mrgreen:

Donn2390

Reaction score
I picked "Stay up all night and be a man, accurate hospital work isnt that important", but it would depend on the degree of critical hospital work you are engaged in. Are you the one who cleans out the bedpans, or will you be doing open heart surgery? I suppose, if the hospital you work in is small enough and under budget, you might be doing both jobs.
The fact is, worrying about a pateint's health, and whether on not the patient lives or dies, is really not that important in the grand scheme of things when weighted against the possibility of missing a Seahawk game.
In any case, I wish you the best of luck on making the correct decision...

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
You can't have any pudding if you don't kick your feet (or get any sleep)

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Plenty of food for thought, I was going to weigh up all the answers and make a decision but all I can think about is mushy peas.

original poster

Reaction score
I will be staying up and riding it out :)

My first son is being born on the day of the Raiders pre season game, no idea what I'll do!

annarborhawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1ngu6rnr said:
Apparently I have to put something here....

If it were regular season I could understand not wanting to know the result before watching. But in preseason games the score really does not mean anything. The ONLY reason to watch these games is to evaluate how certain players are developing/meshing with the team. So there is no reason to watch it live. If I were you, I would simply watch the game at your leisure sometime Friday evening.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
When I lived in Germany I used to get up early to watch games as much as I could. The issue for me was always trying to get to sleep early, so usually I was dragging that day.

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
original poster":1l7eomm6 said:
I will be staying up and riding it out :)

My first son is being born on the day of the Raiders pre season game, no idea what I'll do!
Congrats dude. Get the midwife some seahawks receiver gloves to make sure she has a good grip.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
I have a lot of experience being a Kiwi and All Blacks supporter because South Africa graciously schedules matches in the middle of the NZ night to maximise the penalty of circadian rhythms.

Go to bed early and get up at 3.

You're going to be stuffed at work the next day anyway, but if the game starts at 3 then it's over at 6 at which point it's no use going to bed (particularly if you are excited from the game) if you have to be up again at 7 to shower/shave/breakfast/commute to be at work for 9.

As an aside, the French are the most accommodating, holding matches late in the evening so that we can see them live in our normal morning time. England, Scotland, and Wales usually schedule for 4-5 am our time.

London12

Reaction score
Was pondering the same thing.

It's preseason though. I'm going to leave it.

daveyoung52

Reaction score
Sink a load of mushy peas,i guarantee you'll be awake at 3,then throw a sicky.

C-Hawk-of-OZ

Reaction score
Hey UK I am in your boat. I live in Brisbane Australia. If I want to watch the games live and they are playing East coast the game is on my time 3am. West coast games are 6am.

I did buy Gamepass because that is the only way I could ever watch the games here. I think I will get up every Monday morning and watch the games at 6am but sleep through the east coast games and watch them on replay. ( I have the scores off on Gamepass)

Good luck but personally it is preseason. Watch it later as the score isn't as important and do every thing you can to stay off facebook etc for the day.

ronnieboycefanclub

Reaction score
I have voted.

I watched the game. I went to bed at 8.30pm and woke up and watched game pass. One problem, the game dragged on after my usual getting up time of 6.00 am. I had to watch the end of the game and start preparing to leave for work.

If I fell asleep on the train to work. The same rolling stock returns from London back home 10 minutes after arriving. I normally pass the people from the night shift getting on.