Seahawks publish 2016 preseason depth chart.

Jville

Reaction score
Seahawks published their 2016 preseason depth chart >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/team/depth-chart[/urltargetblank]

Two listings that stand out for me are .........

Rookie Quinton Jefferson listed behind Michael Bennett as left defensive end.

Rookie free agent Brandin Bryant listed behind Ahtyba Rubin.

.............. I thought they both demonstrated a lot of range in the first preseason game.

annarborhawk

Reaction score
It's their media dept. that puts this together. It does not reflect were the coaches have the players. We've seen this before in previous seasons. Don't read anything into it.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Most of us realize the coaching staff is still in the process of auditioning players and looking at different combinations.

The seahawk.com depth chart is as relevant as any other depth chart out there. And, they delayed publishing a week later than targeted.

The range demonstrated by Quinton Jefferson & Brandin Bryan was not a figment of the imagination of any media department.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Tanner McEvoy is not listed on either offense or defense. What does that mean?
1. An outright oversite?
2. He's considered a camp body?
3. The whole Projection List is screwed up?
4. All of the above?

:?:

McGruff

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":wc9y0ra1 said:
Tanner McEvoy is not listed on either offense or defense. What does that mean?
1. An outright oversite?
2. He's considered a camp body?
3. The whole Projection List is screwed up?
4. All of the above?

:?:
He's below Foxx and McNeil on the depth chart, which only goes 4 deep.

Also, they have Gilliam as the starting LT. My guess is what we are seeing on the field is ONLY because of the injury to Webb. I'm hoping Poole or Odhiambo takes that RT spot so Gary can shift back to LT.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I don't get to watch the games but I'm guessing from reports it won't be Poole.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Oh, and I'm guessing Tanner makes the practice squad, unless somebody else poaches him, which I doubt will happen.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
This was obviously made before the first preseason game. Last year, they had Justin Britt listed at RT (after he had moved to LG).

I anticipate that the actual coaches' depth chart would have Thomas Rawls listed, Tyvis Powell ahead of Steven Terrell, Bradley Sowell at LT and Garry Gilliam back at RT, Tanner McEvoy ahead of Foxx or McNeil, etc. McEvoy took 2nd team reps at WR this week.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
As mentioned above in the DC thread I suspect this partial DC is for the fans and as well in part motivational for some players and not actually reflective of the real DC which is known only to the coaches or the players.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
I think it works like this: teams are required to handover a depth chart before the first preseason game. This is what you see in the game program, After the first preseason game, some staff member then makes this same depth chart available on the Seahawks website, updating only for newly signed or released players.

chris98251

Reaction score
Look at it Tuesday after Pre Season Game three for a better feel.