Relax.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
By my count we are 2-0 in the preseason.

Two games down, two games healthy.

The rest are just details. The offense will be fine. The defense will be fine. Relax guys.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Totally agree
The vikes played like it was a playoff game which is exactly what we needed to see our flaws for when a game actually matters :2thumbs:

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":24u66frg said:

The rest are just details. The offense will be fine. The defense will be fine. Relax guys.
Truth

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Agreed. There are three things guaranteed in life:

Death, taxes and Seahawks fans freaking out and over analyzing what happens in preseason games.

dogorama

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2u5xyz4b said:

Maybe, and of course I would be more concerned if it was wk 3 or 4 BUT last season's week 2 featured Russell Wilson running for his life and the fears expressed over the OL turned out to be downright prophetic.

http://www.seahawks.com/team/game/2015/ ... ity-chiefs

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I agree to a point. By that I mean this: Hawks looked like crapola last preseason, then proceeded to start 2-4 and lose any chance at HFA, and thus got stuck with back to back 10AM playoff games. I would like to see some positive momentum heading into week 1 of the real season for that reason alone. This team needs to get off to a good start this year.

But yeah, no major injuries is a very positive thing.

253hawk

Reaction score
But 8 quarters of glorified practice with mostly backups is a microcosm of what the entire regular season is going to be like! :240039:

Hawknight

Reaction score
Aros":8cuty70v said:
Agreed. There are three things guaranteed in life:

Death, taxes and Seahawks fans freaking out and over analyzing what happens in preseason games.

What? You don't mean the world's not coming to an end? And to think..I sold my house and dog for nothing. :sarcasm_off:

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
agreed...and the season has not even started and i sense that i will just have to avoid this board which is pretty sad....unbelievable.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I'm with you.

I'll just add tho that if they get shut out in the first half next week in the dress rehearsal against Dallas, then I'll start to get worried.

The energy is there, the talent is there, they've just got to execute

hawker84

Reaction score
No worries here yet.

The Offense is what it is, a work in progress.

the Defense I thought looked great to say they were out there for 80% of the first half. I just wish we could incorporate into the scheme how to cover backs and tight ends. Curious as to why Pete still hasn't addressed that? Bobby looked horrible in coverage last night in my opinion.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":24xupy3w said:
I agree to a point. By that I mean this: Hawks looked like crapola last preseason and then proceeded to start 2-4 and lose any chance at HFA and thus got stuck with back to back 10 AM p[layoff games. I woulds like to see some positive momentum heading into week 1 of the real season for that reason alone. This team needs to get off to a good start this year.

Conversely our schedule this year is much softer than the first 6 games were last year.

We all knew the OL was going to be an adventure. End of the day this roster is extremely loaded with talent, even the young guys who are obviously still very much a work in progress. I know we had the two years where our depth was better than half of the leagues starting units but that doesn't mean this roster isn't going to be very very good when those games start to count.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I agree ... overall.

However, last pre-season's poor play translated into an 0-2 start and the team struggled in the first half of the season. That put us in a hole and we ended up losing the division and then had to play on the road in terrible conditions which I believe took a lot of starch out of our team. They looked flat as I have ever seen in the first half in Carolina and voila, we were buried 31-0.

It's too easy (and perhaps simplified) to dismiss everything in the pre-season and just expect they will flip a switch and everything will be fine. Last season taught us the concerns we had in the pre-season were very valid and proven to be justified.

It's nothing to get really excited about, but there are individual concerns which are perfectly ok to harbor. Now in his 5th season, I don't like seeing our franchise QB looking slow (chased down by DLs) and skittish in the pocket and not having the savvy to get rid of the ball instead of the whirling dervish routine. I think teams are going to specifically game plan for that from Russell, they have had enough of it. Not unlike last season when they started to dedicate defenders to keep him form jail breaking the pocket.

The inability of our 1st team offense to score ANY points in, what, 8 possessions? Sure, that should be a concern. The good news is the running game is clicking.

I'm concerned a bit with the lack of a pass rush by our first-team defense. But I think that will be better once the games start.

I'm holding out until we see how everything looks in the next game which is the full dress rehearsal.

TatupuIsRRRR

Reaction score
Thank you for so simply stating what I have been thinking! :ditto: :irishdrinkers:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1gcwkbdq said:
I agree to a point. By that I mean this: Hawks looked like crapola last preseason and then proceeded to start 2-4 and lose any chance at HFA and thus got stuck with back to back 10 AM p[layoff games. I woulds like to see some positive momentum heading into week 1 of the real season for that reason alone. This team needs to get off to a good start this year.

But it hasn't been all "crapola." We rushed for almost 200 yards, against a very stout Viking's front 7. Defense looked solid most of the first half without Bennett or Kam. O-line looks WAY better than it did during last year's pre-season, especially Britt and the two guards.

Honestly with our talent, all I'm looking for is stay healthly and mental mistakes to be cleaned up like penalties, bad snaps, etc.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":20e8jfcs said:
hawksfansinceday1":20e8jfcs said:

But it hasn't been all "crapola." We rushed for almost 200 yards, against a very stout Viking's front 7. Defense looked solid most of the first half without Bennett or Kam. O-line looks WAY better than it did during last year's pre-season, especially Britt and the two guards.

Honestly with our talent, all I'm looking for is stay healthly and mental mistakes to be cleaned up like penalties, bad snaps, etc.
Good points. I'll be a lot more relaxed if we see a couple of TD drives early next week especially considering Dallas has a pretty poor defense.

dogorama

Reaction score
I see valid points on both sides of this argument but for those that say everyone panicked last year but we still went to the second round of the playoffs I would say that except for a week 17 win after everything was all settled, the only win we had over a team w/a winning record was Pittsburgh in a shoot-out. Everyone says we got better in the second half but a large part of that was a very easy second-half schedule. Then, we only went to the second round because of a missed 27-yard chip shot!

kearly

Reaction score
I agree with FlyingGreg. Being injury free isn't the only goal. These are supposed to be tune up games. And right now Seattle does not look ready for the regular season to begin. Imagine if Goodell had his way and the league went to a 2 preseason game format. Next week would be opening day. That would be a problem for us. Thankfully there is still some time left to get things rolling.

Smellyman

Reaction score
But Wilson is slow and fat.

the internet brain trust tells me so.