So I'm Listening to Millen This Morning

dogorama

Reaction score
And they ask him to name some things about the Seahawks that disturb or otherwise, stand out to him. He said the same thing I mentioned last week when he said that the one Seahawk he is most concerned with is Gilliam because of his tendency to make such deep drops. He sets up really deep which is concerning because the DE can get up such a head of steam OR make a quick inside move.

So, if you have something to add to that and/or maybe name the one Seahawk that you are most concerned about.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Absolutely hate Millen. He is nothing more then an internet troll when he talks about WSU football. Which loses any credibility he may have when talking seahawks.

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2hsf5yyz said:
Absolutely hate Millen. He is nothing more then an internet troll when he talks about WSU football. Which loses any credibility he may have when talking seahawks.

For the life of me I don't know how his criticism of the Cougs has anything to do w/the Seahawks, but I will say that after being a starting QB at a major college program and playing in the NFL for 10 years he knows more about football than every single poster on this site.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
dogorama":1f7ewny9 said:
For the life of me I don't know how his criticism of the Cougs has anything to do w/the Seahawks, but I will say that after being a starting QB at a major college program and playing in the NFL for 10 years he knows more about football than every single poster on this site.

And this prevents him from being a) ever wrong or b) a troll?

It's a shame all those years of experience didn't save him from having to eat a microphone back in 2012.

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":gmgeiobw said:
dogorama":gmgeiobw said:

And this prevents him from being a) ever wrong or b) a troll?

It's a shame all those years of experience didn't save him from having to eat a microphone back in 2012.

Who said he was never wrong? I will say that when it comes to football he is wrong significantly less than you or me or anyone else on this board. As for him being a troll, he's a Husky, he trashes the Cougs, but then, who doesn't?

Then, he's wrong about RW ever becoming an NFL QB so that means he doesn't know anything? That's some bizarre reasoning there because if that is the case 99% of the people in this town shouldn't be able to ever discuss football because just about everyone questioned that draft pick, especially when we had just went out and spent considerable money to find a starting QB. But go ahead and tell me that you knew all along, I love revisionist history.

Largent80

Reaction score
I think he should be more concerned about who is taking Irvins old spot. So far, that is a train wreck.

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
Largent80":35r5c5j6 said:
I think he should be more concerned about who is taking Irvins old spot. So far, that is a train wreck.

Thank you 80, that is what I was hoping for i.e. what position people were most concerned with. It's probably been beaten to death a little bit but in light of that being a featured part of the broadcast this morning I thought it was topical.

And, actually he did mention that and said Lane would be playing that position a lot. I am assuming he is referring to nickel packages.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
dogorama":3od9yat9 said:
gowazzu02":3od9yat9 said:

Experience doesn't mean a person is always right. Troy Aikman knows more about football than I ever will. Yet the off-the-cuff nature of his announcing job means that he gets a lot wrong, and passes a lot of incorrect judgments on to fans, compared to the Monday-Friday Fieldgulls guys who actually have time to break down plays that he gets only thirty seconds to examine.

Millen, of course, gets things wrong just because he likes to stir the pot instead of analyze.

Largent80

Reaction score
What I hate about the pre-season tv coverage is that they don't seem to let the fans know who is in and who is out. I guess that's hard to do with all the bodies right now, but man, it's hard to evaluate from the live broadcast's.

KPL hasn't looked good, Morgan, so-so. Irvin was a big loss for the D, he set the edge nicely, I'm concerned about that spot.

McGruff

Reaction score
Largent80":1jhzyogs said:

I don't see that big a reason for concern. Its not a playmaker spot. Its a position that will see 30% of the snaps, and even then can be subbed rotationally.

It was great having Irvin, because he could play multiple spots, but that is a luxury, not a need.

I would agree that both tackles are a concern. I really want to see Gilliam at LT for the 3rd game here.

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":301gd1x5 said:
Millen, of course, gets things wrong just because he likes to stir the pot instead of analyze.

I do not get where you get that. I have spent years listening to him break down coverages in the most complex and comprehensive examples. He admits he doesn't know squat compared to Cable but he has an interest in offensive line play and even teaches it to school kids.

I think more than anything he is like me, curious why he takes such deep drops, it isn't the norm.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Being from Michigan, I will never forget this.
fire-millen.jpg

Even though I am not a Lions fan, I remember his ineptitude and the fact that he is talking about my Seahawks makes me want to :pukeface:

McGruff

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2kjl2471 said:
Being from Michigan, I will never forget this.
fire-millen.jpg

Even though I am not a Lions fan, I remember his ineptitude and the fact that he is talking about my Seahawks makes me want to :pukeface:

Matt Millen, former failed Lions GM

Matt millen 62c5749a8ae34c97

Hugh Millen, former failed NFL QB

BfU XEHCYAABMZJ

Both have about equal knowledge of NFL players . . . which isn't saying much.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
dogorama":243s61vw said:
Who said he was never wrong? I will say that when it comes to football he is wrong significantly less than you or me or anyone else on this board.

How do you know?

You're assuming he's correct more than anyone on this board based on the fact he played the game. And yet this is the guy who constantly complained about Pete Carroll because he replaced his best buddy as the Head Coach and then predicted emphatically that Russell Wilson would be a failure.

McGruff

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3olxuyzu said:
dogorama":3olxuyzu said:
Who said he was never wrong? I will say that when it comes to football he is wrong significantly less than you or me or anyone else on this board.

How do you know?

You're assuming he's correct more than anyone on this board based on the fact he played the game. And yet this is the guy who constantly complained about Pete Carroll because he replaced his best buddy as the Head Coach and then predicted emphatically that Russell Wilson would be a failure.

I like Millen when it comes to X's and O's and the technical side of the game. When it comes to talent evaluation and individual player performance, I think he is all that knowledgeable. That's why I like Huard more . . . he seems to understand and better communicates both talent and scheme.

Of course, I'll take the Walrus over both of them.

Own The West

Reaction score
This is more MIllen discussion than should be on the entire internet. If this thread gets to 20 posts I will drown a basket of adorable kittens, piglets, and ducklings. I'm serious.* Children surf here!

*not serious. I wouldn't waste a perfectly good basket on either Millen.

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":a0dvi0n1 said:
dogorama":a0dvi0n1 said:

How do you know?

I was saying he knows more about football than anyone on this board and I stand by that statement, in fact he knows exponentially more about football than anyone on this board. As for talent evaluation, that isn't an exact science is it? Every single one of the greatest evaluators of NFL talent in the world passed on RW for three rounds!

I think we are really lucky to have Millen and Brock on the radio. Who do you want to listen to, Softy?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
To get back on topic with what the op asked, I'm concerned about a couple positions. Just adding onto the outside linebacker and right tackle mentioned already

Long snapper: please bring back Gresham. Just regurgitating some of the sentiments from here and elsewhere. Don't skip out on a position that can cost you games.

Defensive tackle. The loss of Mebane shouldn't go unnoticed here. Earl even said himself that Mebane was the most important player on defense. Generating an interior pass rush isn't as important as stuffing the run imo. With reed going down, we're basically relying on an aging Tony McDaniel, rubin and rookie Quinton Jefferson

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
Jerhawk":hofeg119 said:
Defensive tackle. The loss of Mebane shouldn't go unnoticed here. Earl even said himself that Mebane was the most important player on defense. Generating an interior pass rush isn't as important as stuffing the run imo. With reed going down, we're basically relying on an aging Tony McDaniel, rubin and rookie Quinton Jefferson

Thank you Jer, (geezuzz), the demon Millen was talking about that too. He mentioned that some of these linemen need to step up and be starting caliber players so we can be rotational on the line like in '13. That year Bennett and Avril had approx 600 snaps each, last year approx 800, it's the equivalent of playing an extra qtr every game.