The offense is challenging the defense for the upper hand?

Jville

Reaction score
Though overshadowed by Pro Bowl defensive end Michael Bennett’s series of fights with offensive linemen this month, the Baldwin-Sherman scrap during a seven-on-seven passing drill was the mash-up with the highest-profile combatants of this Seahawks year. Of any recent year.........
............ “Obviously, tempers flare. Sherm’s really upset that we keep destroying him in practice.

“He’s upset that the receivers are getting the best out of him and the defensive backs this year. So he takes offense to that.”

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nf ... rylink=cpy
On Monday, Bennett mentioned a “code” among players that states one should not cross a line of physicality in practices that might endanger a teammate’s health, or as Bennett put it, livelihood.

On Tuesday, in pure offense-versus-defense rivalry fashion, Baldwin rolled his eyes at that.

“I mean, yes, there is a code. But Mike B. doesn’t always necessarily operate by that code, either,” Baldwin said.

“It’s hard to take him serious when he talks about other guys taking food off his kids’ plate when he is driving around here with 10 different cars, you know?”

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nf ... rylink=cpy

Agitator’ Doug Baldwin fights Richard Sherman, sends messages >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/article97478137.html[/urltargetblank]

NINEster

Reaction score
The day the Seahawks offense owns the defense is the day the defense is completely mediocre.

Now, as far as Sherman is concerned, he's definitely human. Outside of Eli to Beckham, the only notable big beat on Sherman was Case Keenum to Kenneth f'n Britt??

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
NINEster":2yod0521 said:
The day the Seahawks offense owns the defense is the day the defense is completely mediocre.

Now, as far as Sherman is concerned, he's definitely human. Outside of Eli to Beckham, the only notable big beat on Sherman was Case Keenum to Kenneth f'n Britt??

Sherman got owned by that one nobody WR on the Vikes who I believe scored 2 TD in 2013.

Also, as I stated in my other thread, I think the offense is coming into it's own shortly.

Laloosh

Reaction score
NINEster":2xqt7rka said:

Yeah, that's it.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I think that's mostly bluster.

Let's see that fire translate to points tomorrow. 1st team O has that ugly goose egg this pre-season.

PS I love Doug. :)

Seymour

Reaction score
I'll be impressed once I see them challenge the opposing team for 7 points (first unit).....still waiting.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Seymour":2492l722 said:
I'll be impressed once I see them challenge the opposing team for 7 points (first unit).....still waiting.

YUP!

hawker84

Reaction score
I agree, offense couldn't even score a field goal last game. Got to walk the walk before you talk the talk....

having said that, I think our offensive skill players are top shelf, doesn't mean crap if we're losing battles in the trenches.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Umm its the preseason. I'll put more stock in what the offense did the past 4 years under Wilson and the last half of last year when it was among the leagues best. IF the line ends up being middle of the road I think they can compete with the defense for bragging rights as the best unit. If not this year wouldn't surprise me we see a switch soon. What a terrible place to be though right? A league best defense and an offense that has a shot to be as good?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
cant wait for the season to start so they can try killing other teams instead of each other...think all this bashing of each other in the media is a bad thing...some guys need to cool their ego down.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Cyrus12":74vdwptl said:
cant wait for the season to start so they can try killing other teams instead of each other...think all this bashing of each other in the media is a bad thing...some guys need to cool their ego down.
At first I felt the same way about the comments but these guys know each other pretty well. I don't think there is much to it.

themunn

Reaction score
NINEster":2xnn7x0t said:

Seahawks offense averaged 32 PPG over the last 8 games of the season last year though. When they beat down the Cardinals at the end of the season, it was through TDs from the likes of Bryce Brown, Will Tukuafu and Chase Coffman.

It's plausible to think a team that's replacing those guys with the 3 drafted running backs might have gotten even better.

Largent80

Reaction score
And that offense is smokin right now.

Not sure what they are smokin, but it sure isn't opposing defenses.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
NINEster":30asn7w9 said:

If this were reddit, I would think you were a bot with how consistent your comments are. Maybe, just maybe, the offense that for the past few years has ranked top 5 in DVOA and went on a historic run at the end of last season... is GOOD?!

It can't be that though because it's the Seahawks. Wilson is going into his 5th year (his prime) so the fact they are winning reps against the defense does not surprise me whatsoever.

The fact the defense is used to winning and is a bit peeved by this, also doesn't surprise me and ultimately means nothing.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I wouldn't sleep on this offense. Didn't they end out being top 5 or six overall in the league. When you have two squads that have been working against each other for several years, they are going to go back and forth. That is why there is nothing comparable to game action. It's how you really measure talent level, not against dudes that you know every move they are going to make. The Offense probably has owned the d lately, but it doesn't mean they are more talented.

RussB

Reaction score
Sounds like the team is battling in camp, i actually like this. Should get the competitive juices flowing even more and when the regular season starts they will be hungry to smash opposing teams instead of each other.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I want to see our 2016 Defense reestablish it's 2013 dominance, and if it takes an on the rise Offense to help them get over that hurdle, let the shit fly.
I believe that they need to push each other to get back up to snuff.
I mean, it's like everyone use to say that it was good to have the really tough competition that was the NFC WEST, right? :rumble: