When do the first wave of roster cuts come in?

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
When do they start coming in before the next preseason game and who do we think is getting cut?

Also would any back up QB's be cut about now or not till after preseason game 4? I'm happy with Boykin as back up but I know others aren't.

OP
OP
G

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Do the hawks wait to the last minute to make cuts or will we start seeing them come in now so players have chances to make other rosters?

DJrmb

Reaction score
They'll take some time to evaluate the film of the last game before making any cuts. I would expect them to make cuts on Monday.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Not only is it last minute, but we often don't know anything even hours after the deadline except for tweeties from reporters, which aren't always 100% correct.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Stuff should start to leak out by tomorrow I'd think. They'll have a bunch of cuts by Sunday, maybe wait another day or so for guys who are battling injuries (like Kasen).

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":odueux1b said:
Stuff should start to leak out by tomorrow I'd think. They'll have a bunch of cuts by Sunday, maybe wait another day or so for guys who are battling injuries (like Kasen).

I figured this one too.....and the really not sure guys on Tuesday at 3:59:45......pm.

sutz

Reaction score
P&J usually release players a day or so early, especially the "easy" decisions. I'd expect some announcements this weekend.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2vei6ic6 said:

This is pretty accurate as that's pretty much been the case in previous years. The final wave of cuts tends to be the trickier ones as those are usually the more talented group of players. This first round of cuts is pretty much a given. There are usually a few who earn a chance to stick around a little longer, but for the most part, these cuts should come in well before the deadline.

sutz

Reaction score
kidhawk":lavh3gpu said:
Hawkstorian":lavh3gpu said:

This is pretty accurate as that's pretty much been the case in previous years. The final wave of cuts tends to be the trickier ones as those are usually the more talented group of players. This first round of cuts is pretty much a given. There are usually a few who earn a chance to stick around a little longer, but for the most part, these cuts should come in well before the deadline.
Well, and the Practice Squad is on everybody's mind. First cut players are not necessarily slated for PS consideration, although there is some strategy there. There may be a "handshake" agreement for them to come back, but they'll be out there for two weeks with agents looking for jobs for them.

kidhawk

Reaction score
sutz":173msyib said:
kidhawk":173msyib said:
Hawkstorian":173msyib said:

Well, and the Practice Squad is on everybody's mind. First cut players are not necessarily slated for PS consideration, although there is some strategy there. There may be a "handshake" agreement for them to come back, but they'll be out there for two weeks with agents looking for jobs for them.

You are correct in the fact that the PS is a definite consideration for the next round of cuts which makes them that much more interesting IMO.

Jobs will be scarce at the moment unless you play a position that a particular team may have had some injuries, so the market for any player will be limited after this round of cuts.

One thing about Pete and John, is they'll keep these guys in the rolodex and if we have injury issues, our pool of cuts is usually the first place they look.

nrayorr

Reaction score
Well... I think that this new long snapper (can't remember his name) should be on the bubble because his snaps makes me nervous. They are low too many times which makes me nervous for Jon Ryan. I'm told he was signed for cap reasons over Gresham, but the saying goes, "You get what you pay for." I know this doesn't apply to all rookies, but for this guy they need to make a call to Gresham unless he was already scooped up by another team.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
nrayorr":1du45umh said:
Well... I think that this new long snapper (can't remember his name) should be on the bubble because his snaps makes me nervous. They are low too many times which makes me nervous for Jon Ryan. I'm told he was signed for cap reasons over Gresham, but the saying goes, "You get what you pay for." I know this doesn't apply to all rookies, but for this guy they need to make a call to Gresham unless he was already scooped up by another team.

So Frese needs to be set frese.

nrayorr

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3tgx7dss said:
nrayorr":3tgx7dss said:

So Frese needs to be set frese.

:lol:

chris98251

Reaction score
Pete is pretty good about letting Vets go early so they can catch on with someone else, if we have someone that is going to take their spot. It makes headlines and we tend to get a ball in our stomach but it works out well most times, unless they are a longsnapper...................

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Anyone hear/see anything yet? Some got me thinking that they really do filter in early and I'm just crazy.