Just watched the game AGAIN and found the Oline

Marlin Man

Reaction score
from Guard to Guard actually played damn well, better than I can say for either Tackle.

O line is going to be better than EVERYONE here projected. Rawls/Michael are gonna run all over the League this year, and RW is gonna have the time to complete and save body during season.

Staying healthy is the key. It is gonna be fun AGAIN

M.M.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I am in the middle of watching it again. er uh...the 4th qtr anyway. There were minor issues, but I think they are growing pains associated with getting to know each other, strengths and weaknesses. They are a lot closer than I would have expected.

Largent80

Reaction score
I had a feeling that the interior line would be better. And for all the Webb bashing around here, he was busting his ass out there at LT.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Not worried about the 2-3rd stringers play in the 4th.

I am impressed with the play of our 1st stringers, though. And they should only get better!

nrayorr

Reaction score
I believe the o-line is much better than they were last year. So much so that I believe that RW didn't have to scramble as much as he did. Did you see how much time he could have had if he would had stayed in the pocket? Wow!

lukerguy

Reaction score
I think Dallas has a pretty pathetic Dline, but at the same time, it's much better than I expected. Usually it takes 8-10 weeks of getting beat down for them to start gaining chemistry...We're far and away better than where we were this time last year.

mikeak

Reaction score
One can believe we had amazing improvement from a week ago.....or the opponent was significantly weaker up-front

Probably a combination of both

Laloosh

Reaction score
nrayorr":1je7e7j6 said:
I believe the o-line is much better than they were last year. So much so that I believe that RW didn't have to scramble as much as he did. Did you see how much time he could have had if he would had stayed in the pocket? Wow!

Yeah, ironically, Prescott did a good job of stepping up into the pocket to deliver some passes. Was talking to a friend about those plays where Russ looks like he's about to scramble then steps back into the pocket, then tries to scoot out the back door. Doesn't end well.

Sounds like he's inclined to trust his instincts. Unfortunately, it sometimes results in unnecessary sacks. I'll take the good with the bad but man it hurts to watch at times.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
This is roughly how I would grade the OL play.

LT Bradley Sowell: B
LG Mark Glowinski: B+
C Justin Britt: A
RG Germaine Ifedi: B+
RT Garry Gilliam: B

C Joey Hunt: B+
C Patrick Lewis: B
LG/LT Rees Odhiambo: B-
T J'Marcus Webb: B-
G Jahri Evans: C+
G Will Pericak: C+
RT Terry Poole: C+
LT George Fant: C+
G Kristjan Sokoli: C

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree the interior line was flat out impressive last night. The tackles are the question mark still but I trust they will get it ironed out.

chris98251

Reaction score
Lets just state that last years line and this years line are a league apart, the middle is strong, I don't care who we were up against last year we had push up the middle a lot and a lot of grabbing by our tackles or false starts. There was a actual pocket many times last night. Our bread and butter seems to be running between the guards and not so much off tackle. at least not yet.

As of now I think were at least equal with what we had at the end of last season, that's without steady Tackle play and or personnel. Get some continuity and the line up set we should be well ahead of last year in all things offense.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Even more impressive when you consider the reg season hasn't even started. Maybe we finally are going to see a strong start to the season again.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Largent80":v0hdd654 said:
I had a feeling that the interior line would be better. And for all the Webb bashing around here, he was busting his ass out there at LT.

You had a feeling that Britt would be good ? :roll:

I'm giving you a hard time. I can't find one post on this site that had any optimism for Britt.

The really good thing about the interior OL being cohesive is that Wilson can really work with this. Not only does it give him a pocket, but he can also leak out between the DT's and DE's. If an end gets too far upfield (which they can if they don't realize they aren't getting pressure up the middle) Russ has an out that way. If a Tackle gets beat quickly, Russ can avoid that pressure easily enough.

I saw it twice last game where he broke the pocket "off guard" right off the Guard's hip, and he had all kinds of time and room. The exciting thing is that there is no reason to believe that our interior OL won't get even better.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
They've at least had some good tests and fared better than expected so I'm hopeful that the rams won't be in our backfield all game long or at least be as bad as it was last year
After week two I think we will know all we need to know but for a new group with rookies as well , the upside is huge for the future
:irishdrinkers:

v1rotv2

Reaction score
I think the most intriguing part is, no matter where you may think their skill level is right now, they will be getting better as they play more together.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
v1rotv2":32mkwocl said:
I think the most intriguing part is, no matter where you may thing their skill level is right now, they will be getting better as they play more together.

I feel the same way as this, this team is just beginning to gel. By game 8 is when they start to ball the F out. If they are this good already, imagine the 2nd half of the season. I can't wait! Top 5 o-line for sure if they get even better.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Marlin Man":2s6txx35 said:
Rawls/Michael are gonna run all over the League this year...
On Thursday I heard someone on 710 mention the idea of both Rawls and Michael rushing for 1,000 yards this season and it really piqued my interest. Just imagining that possibility is more exciting to me than say Russell passing for 5,000 yards (although that would be awesome too). Maybe it's because that would mean the o-line experiment accomplished something ultra-rare.

In NFL history, 6 teams have had two players rush for 1,000 yards. It has been accomplished with two halfbacks only twice, in 2008 (Giants) and 2009 (Panthers).

Three times it was with a HB and a FB, and once with a HB and QB.

If the RBs and o-line stay healthy, I don't see why the 2016 Seahawks couldn't do it.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":oixovcl1 said:
Marlin Man":oixovcl1 said:
On Thursday I heard someone on 710 mention the idea of both Rawls and Michael rushing for 1,000 yards this season and it really piqued my interest. Just imagining that possibility is more exciting to me than say Russell passing for 5,000 yards (although that would be awesome too). Maybe it's because that would mean the o-line experiment accomplished something ultra-rare.

In NFL history, 6 teams have had two players rush for 1,000 yards. It has been accomplished with two halfbacks only twice, in 2008 (Giants) and 2009 (Panthers).

If the RBs and o-line stay healthy, I don't see why the 2016 Seahawks couldn't do it.
What if Rawls, CMike, & Russell pull it off?

McGruff

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":2s4x1mqx said:
Marlin Man":2s4x1mqx said:

That would be awesome, but let's get real about that wiki article.

Franco Harris was a RB, not a FB.

Same with Kevin Mack.