Waived per Crabtre: RB Farmer, WR Smith, CB Reed, DE Shirley

kf3339

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2bgnuflx said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/770714912268038145[/tweet]

Thank you for doing this. Wasn't sure if we hit the number yet, or not!

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
8/30/16
Waived/injured RB George Farmer, CB Trovon Reed, DE Josh Shirley, WR Kevin Smith. Waived RB Zac Brooks, LB Quayshawn Nealy, LB Pete Robertson, G Kristjan Sokoli, C Patrick Lewis.

08/29/16
Waived FB Kyle Coleman, WR Montario Hunter, and DE DeAngelo Tyson. Terminated veteran contract of DB Brandon Browner. Waived/injured WR Deshon Foxx. Placed DT Sealver Siliga on injured reserve.

Per: http://www.seahawks.com/team/transactions

IndyHawk

Reaction score
No suprises but wish BB had impressed and made the team.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
No shocker cuts (wasn't shocked by the BB move) or anything that makes you think twice either. So far, I think it's a good set of roster moves thus far.

kearly

Reaction score
Smith is a surprise (as an early cut), though I guess the writing was on the wall there when they signed Kearse to a decent contract.

Farmer is a surprise. I thought he would be competing for a job in game 4. I guess Seattle wanted it to come down to Pope vs. Collins.

Sokoli is a very slight surprise.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Lewis is a bit of a surprise to see this early but with the way his contract was structured and the surprisingly solid play of both Britt and Hunt it definitely makes sense.

Farmer and Brooks both being cut probably means the coaches have a lot of confidence in Prosise, which is a good thing.

Smith is the biggest question mark. I saw him as the seventh WR on the roster but I guess his injury made him unable to show much, hope he gets a shot somewhere else.

Seafan

Reaction score
kearly":1zkcirap said:
Smith is a surprise (as an early cut), though I guess the writing was on the wall there when they signed Kearse to a decent contract.

Farmer is a surprise. I thought he would be competing for a job in game 4. I guess Seattle wanted it to come down to Pope vs. Collins.

Sokoli is a very slight surprise.

Farmer a surprise? He's injured. He can't take snaps on Thursday. He a PS project. I expect him to return to the PS sometime.

There is no need to carry Sokoli another year. He too could end up on PS.

Fant is the more exciting OL project.

Rule

Reaction score
Glad to see Jean-Baptiste still around (so far). Really rooting for the guy to make it.

Same with Goodley, although I have a feeling he'll be practice squad, assuming no one poaches him.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Stanley Jean-Baptiste was waived injured after the Minnesota game with a shoulder injury and now is on IR along with a lot of other players who the team will either come to some injury settlement with, or keep around for the year.

Hawkstorian above has noted the whole waived injured thing seems out of control but the reality is each of these guys may have value going forward and many of them will be kept around.

Don't understand the Silga IR designation except as a strait up hedge against Hill being injured which is statistically likely with Hill.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Really don't get why Patrick Lewis can't catch a break here. Do not trust Britt at all in the games that count.

McGruff

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":9cdtd5yc said:
Really don't get why Patrick Lewis can't catch a break here. Do not trust Britt at all in the games that count.

Good thing Pete and Cable have a proven track record of getting it right at that position . . .

Oh wait, nevermind.