Could we get anything good for Boykin from:

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Minnesota? Everyone knows teddy is down, could we get a lineman or linebacker or draft pick of any value? I would listen to offers, would you?

Lithium

Reaction score
SNDavidson":25hd13df said:
Minnesota? Everyone knows teddy is down, could we get a lineman or linebacker or draft pick of any value? I would listen to offers, would you?

for who? lol

Hawks46

Reaction score
Who do we keep as a backup ?

If Russ goes down, you're looking at exactly what Minny is looking at; going from being a SB contender to probably not making the playoffs.

dogorama

Reaction score
SNDavidson":1ohf5f9v said:

It's a great idea, how about Jake Heaps for Everson Griffen or Linval Joseph?

Basis4day

Reaction score
I'm suddenly reminded of threads from a few years ago suggesting we trade Matt Flynn for Darrell Revis.

If PC/JS are not impressed with Boykin enough to make him the backup, i doubt teams are interested in him enough to make him a starter. If we are impressed with Boykin, then we might as well keep him.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Excellent idea. A lot of you just want to keep Boykin to develop him and trade him for a pick. Why not just do it now and bring back Tarvaris. We get a more reliable backup and a draft pick to boot.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SNDavidson":3pie9c8x said:
Um no, I'd listen to offers for JH though.

sutz

Reaction score
Let's see. 32 teams just released 15 players each. How much is our backup rookie QB worth in trade? :34853_doh:

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Hawks46":1y1e07ew said:
Who do we keep as a backup ?

If Russ goes down, you're looking at exactly what Minny is looking at; going from being a SB contender to probably not making the playoffs.

That is pretty much the case for any team that loses their starter. Chance to win goes down the drain in a hurry. Very few back ups capable of even giving their team a chance to win in the league right now. Boykin is definitely not one of the few. He can hand the ball off, that's about all he has shown consistently as a real quarterback. There is nothing to suggest so far (not saying he can't grow into it) that he would even be a 6-10 level QB.

Going back to the OP, Boykin isn't worth anything right now. No one is going to come calling.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2x5thzj4 said:
Excellent idea. A lot of you just want to keep Boykin to develop him and trade him for a pick. Why not just do it now and bring back Tarvaris. We get a more reliable backup and a draft pick to boot.
The T-Jack boat has sailed my friend. I want Boykin because he has very similar traits to Russ, very little in the game plan has to be changed vs a "statue type" like T-Jack. If Russ got hurt (heaven forbid) you'd don't have to change the offense much.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2d7lgmxd said:
Siouxhawk":2d7lgmxd said:
The T-Jack boat has sailed my friend. I want Boykin because he has very similar traits to Russ, very little in the game plan has to be changed vs a "statue type" like T-Jack. If Russ got hurt (heaven forbid) you'd don't have to change the offense much.
I disagree on 2 points. Because Tarvaris has been around the team for 4 of the past 5 years, the team is more familiar to him and his style than they are Tavone's. He knows the beat and rhythm of our system as well as Russ. Our receivers and backs have taken hundreds of passes and handoffs from him. No drawbacks there.
And I beg to differ in the labeling of him as a statue. Sure, he's not as fleet a foot as he was when he was 23, but he can still move pretty well and deliver a pass on the run if needed.
Biggest perk is getting that draft pick, right? Russ hates being pulled from games, so it's not like Boykin's value is going to escalate much as he won't really get much for showcasing reps going forward. With so many pivotal QBs ailing, this may be the best opportunity in the next 3 years to make such a deal. If a team offered a 4th for him, wouldn't you do it?

mrt144

Reaction score
Sioux, cmon, Tjack is donezo no matter what you think about him as a fit. You're talking past us.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
mrt144":ix9zddxv said:
Sioux, cmon, Tjack is donezo no matter what you think about him as a fit. You're talking past us.
And why do you think he's dunzo in regard to how I'm answering this thread? And I'm still not convinced that even without a Boykin trade that Pete and John wouldn't bring back Tarvaris as the backup if they weren't thoroughly convinced Tavone could handle the backup role. This isn't another team that would need to get acquainted with Tarvaris; this is the Seahawks who know the veteran better than anyone else.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I also want to stress that I'm not anti-Boykin. The kid has some great wheels and seemed to progress well in our offense throughout camp. Just call me a nitpicky nervous Nellie who wants to have all of our bases covered as we embark on what I believe can be a thrilling Super Bowl year.

Hawks46

Reaction score
If we were to do that, you'd have to be slick about it.

Pick up TJack and put him on the roster. Now he's off the market and then you try to trade Boykin to Minny when they're hurting.

I don't think anyone would take Boykin over TJack right now. Tjack has started a ton of NFL games and knows what to do (even if it is only throw to the right side of the field). Boykin is a total wildcard.

mrt144

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1v4odijo said:
mrt144":1v4odijo said:
And why do you think he's dunzo in regard to how I'm answering this thread? And I'm still not convinced that even without a Boykin trade that Pete and John wouldn't bring back Tarvaris as the backup if they weren't thoroughly convinced Tavone could handle the backup role. This isn't another team that would need to get acquainted with Tarvaris; this is the Seahawks who know the veteran better than anyone else.

Cause he's quite literally unfit to play backup for the Seahawks in any regard and under any scenario.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":x9jg9b72 said:
If we were to do that, you'd have to be slick about it.

Pick up TJack and put him on the roster. Now he's off the market and then you try to trade Boykin to Minny when they're hurting.

I don't think anyone would take Boykin over TJack right now. Tjack has started a ton of NFL games and knows what to do (even if it is only throw to the right side of the field). Boykin is a total wildcard.
Sure. But it's not just Minny. There might be a half-dozen trade partners out there who would like to see him in a backup role to groom for a starter who only has a couple of years left. Seemed like Prescott and Boykin had a great rapport after our game.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
mrt144":1mz99pqk said:
Siouxhawk":1mz99pqk said:
mrt144":1mz99pqk said:

Cause he's quite literally unfit to play backup for the Seahawks in any regard and under any scenario.
And we'll have to disagree there. Considering Pete put him in that very spot the last 3 years and I trust Pete's judgement immensely, I feel confident in my stance.

mrt144

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3dr3va84 said:
mrt144":3dr3va84 said:
Siouxhawk":3dr3va84 said:
mrt144":3dr3va84 said:

And we'll have to disagree there. Considering Pete put him in that very spot the last 3 years and I trust Pete's judgement immensely, I feel confident in my stance.

That in the unlikely scenario where we trade Boykin, Pete would bring T-Jack back? Let alone under a scenario where we have Boykin?

If you mean the former, then okay, even under that scenario Pete is going to give broke ass, gun pulling drunk, 33 year old T-Jack another shot in Seattle and kick the can on backup another year?

The latter? You're putting us on.

"Yeah, we drafted a backup but screw this, we're going play some Maddenball, pounce on a team in need, trade the pick we made, then bring in the last guy, who is currently under legal duress and old and be no worse off. I mean TJack's rating is still like 59 and he never sees action anyway. Darrell, stop putting these 100 page reports about bubble screens on my desk, I get it."

Status
Not open for further replies.