Ty Smith?

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Still a contender for a roster spot? What seems to be going on with him? Seems like a very quiet preseason for him.

McGruff

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":1ysigs7y said:
Still a contender for a roster spot? What seems to be going on with him? Seems like a very quiet preseason for him.

I think he makes the team over Simon or Burley. I like what I've seen.

dogorama

Reaction score
McGruff":113wy0ap said:
Grahamhawker":113wy0ap said:

I think he makes the team over Simon or Burley. I like what I've seen.

It's a very difficult situation for us because none of them will clear waivers. Somebody may end up on IR.

McGruff

Reaction score
Simon is crap and doesn't deserve to be on the roster. Burley is a decent nickel corner with no upside. Smith has shown some good fierceness this pre season.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
McGruff":6ujydtu7 said:
Simon is crap and doesn't deserve to be on the roster. Burley is a decent nickel corner with no upside. Smith has shown some good fierceness this pre season.

Glad I am not the only one. I don't understand why Simon is on this team.

ivotuk

Reaction score
McGruff":15wvi084 said:

THIS! Damnit! This!

Gee Scott believes that Tye Smith is a lock, but he also thinks that Simon makes the squad. I wish they would trade Tharold.

LolaRox

Reaction score
McGruff":1yjecdz3 said:

This sums up my thoughts as well, but unfortunately I think Simon makes the team. The team/coaches always rave about him, but I've never seen anything from him.

If someone other than Burley can effectively back up the nickel and play special teams then he will be cut. I like Burley and I think it was a good trade, but if someone can beat him out that benefits the whole team.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Corners are at a premium.

You won't be able to find them at the drafts slots we have for them.

You have to build them.

Frankly, one reason I was really shocked we moved McNeil (name?) to WR, I thought he was trying for corner. Knowing WR perspective helps there so I thought it was worth a shot.

Not sure what the heck is up with Simon, but considering the # of times a guy got injured and we had to have someone - I cannot fathom they let Simon go. Burley is always the better option, but sometimes you need someone and at least you know Simon can at least be average there. We have seen it before, bad preseason notwithstanding.

I actually think McEvoy should be a safety too but I tend to have a thing for preferring better players to play secondary.

Really looking forward to Ty Smith, but if you have raw corners you don't get rid of them, because you are only going to get raw corners and maybe not even that.