Keenan Lambert earning a spot?

Hawkspur

Reaction score
I can't recall if he's done a lot else this preseason but he's made some good plays the first half of this game, both on defense and special teams.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
If he isn't picked up elsewhere like last year he's a PS player with potential to make the 53.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
As ST producer? Absolutely.

As a big hitter for the secondary? I hope so. Always liked him.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Look at the numbers, he has potential, but ahead of McCray?...

Doubt it?

OP
OP
Hawkspur

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Yeah, McCray's a good special teamer too. Who's the #4 safety though? Terrell, Powell?

McGruff

Reaction score
I don't know if it is possible to come out of the blue to take a spot based on one game, but if it is, Lambert just did it.

Outstanding game.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Lambert played well, as did Pallacio I think he has a chance to make the team over KPL. Ty Smith and Simon played poorly it will be interesting to see who they end up keeping.

McGruff

Reaction score
Natethegreat":2y7maoyl said:
Lambert played well, as did Pallacio I think he has a chance to make the team over KPL. Ty Smith and Simon played poorly it will be interesting to see who they end up keeping.

Tye Smith played safe bad. Simon played big play bad. I'd take smith.

DJrmb

Reaction score
DeAndre Elliott was actually looking really good too until he went out with what looked like an ankle injury. He was out playing all of the other backup CB's.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I like what Lambert did tonight. He has great vision and instincts. I just don't know who you are going to get rid of to keep him. Hopefully he clears waivers.

McGruff

Reaction score
DJrmb":22jx6ckc said:
DeAndre Elliott was actually looking really good to until he went out with what looked like an ankle injury. He was out playing all of the other backup CB's.

That was actually one of the best things to happen all night. Elliott is a bona-fide player who is too deep on our depth chart, but wouldn't clear wavers. And IR designation is perfect.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I swear he had to have had 13 or 14 tackles tonight. I'd almost think he could give McCrary a run for his money after tonight. He's a lot more physical than McCrary though.

Rob12

Reaction score
Basically, the coaches have a decision to make on Terrell, Powell, and after tonight, Lambert.

I hope they keep Terrell and Powell. Terrell at least knows the system and has been here for three years. Powell is a bit raw, but I think his potential is too much to pass up on. You're not stashing him on the PS - if he gets cut, he's gone.

Lambert looks good. But he's a PS guy. I do like him, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Lambert is a talent. He definitely plays with better instincts than Terrell, and I would be tempted to keep him over Powell.

Hard decisions, but it seems unlikely he makes it.

Rob12

Reaction score
I wouldn't hate a safety corps of Earl, Kam, McCray, Powell, and Lambert. Let big bro coach little bro up.

Definitely wouldn't hate it. But I think the coaches like/trust Terrell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
McGruff":8lmb5gxp said:
DJrmb":8lmb5gxp said:
DeAndre Elliott was actually looking really good to until he went out with what looked like an ankle injury. He was out playing all of the other backup CB's.

That was actually one of the best things to happen all night. Elliott is a bona-fide player who is too deep on our depth chart, but wouldn't clear wavers. And IR designation is perfect.

As soon as I saw him on the cart, my thoughts exactly.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Seems like the team made it a point to let him and Kam play together. To me, that pretty says he's not making the team.