Pope is Sproles

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Mrt144 pointed this out, but that is exactly who he reminds me of.

So we have Rawls and Michael, do we need Pope too? Well guys get injured. Last year we looked well off at RB and suddenly...damnit. So I think the answer is yes.

But if you have the ability to get Sproles you do it.

I really really hope he stay on the roster because it would be stupid to let him go.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Sproles is 5' 6" 190, Pope is 5' 10" 207. They might look like little speed guys, but Pope runs angry.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Fully agreed. I used to covet a guy like sproles when I watched him. Now we have the opportunity to have one at a very good price.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Westbrook is also another good comparison, not unlike C-Mike. Very low, lots of shoulderpads. Defenders tend to try to attack them low because velocity and target area kind of dictate that they have to knock them off their legs, but that's easier said than done.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Prosise is meant to be the Sproles.. but Id be loathe to get rid of Pope for what they are assuming Prosise will be...

OP
OP
T

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I think Pope is 5' 8" and 205 so a little height/weight difference but his shifty running, quick acceleration and vision all look familiar. Sproles isn't really an inside runner though, but I don't think Pope could do that against the 1s either except to get a quick 2 or 3 when you need 2.

In my opinion, quick guys that run low are better for short yardage than big guys that run slow anyway.

Also, guys that are quick are better as other primary or backup PR and KR options. Slow & big isn't getting you anything on that. Pope showed he can to KR, as an example.

kearly

Reaction score
Pope looks like a slightly smaller Thomas Rawls to me. Like Rawls, he fits this run game like a glove. The thing about these purist ZBS systems, is that often the most effective backs are the ones that come out of nowhere because they just happen to be system fits.

McGruff

Reaction score
kearly":30zd92ji said:
Pope looks like a slightly smaller Thomas Rawls to me. Like Rawls, he fits this run game like a glove. The thing about these purist ZBS systems, is that often the most effective backs are the ones that come out of nowhere because they just happen to be system fits.

Too true. Just look at the backs Denver turned out during their hey day.

Foghawk

Reaction score
I see more Forsett than Sproles when I watch him, which I think is a good thing.

:229031_shrug:

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Sproles is more of a Swiss Army knife type back that catches passes, can split wide, etc.

Pope is just a dude that hits a hole and runs downhill hard. Pretty different. He has really great burst, and I guess that he does run like Rawls, as Kearly said. They both have that burst where they're well through the hole before you'd expect a typical RB to be through it.

TatupuIsRRRR

Reaction score
I like Pope lots, he is very good and makes all the plays forever!!! And he is really cool guy.

Fade

Reaction score
Foghawk":366vnoeo said:
I see more Forsett than Sproles when I watch him, which I think is a good thing.

I was going to post this. He might be a touch quicker with his first step than Forsett, but he is a lot like Forsett. An undersized, try hard player that is more athletic than he is given credit for. Also like Forsett plays bigger than his listed size.

Seafan

Reaction score
Foghawk":30akat9q said:

Agreed. Pope seems a lot tougher than Sproles but he does play like him.

mrt144

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":v9kdz4xc said:
Sproles is more of a Swiss Army knife type back that catches passes, can split wide, etc.

Pope is just a dude that hits a hole and runs downhill hard. Pretty different. He has really great burst, and I guess that he does run like Rawls, as Kearly said. They both have that burst where they're well through the hole before you'd expect a typical RB to be through it.

It was specifically him catching a pass tonight that inspired the comment. My monocle dropped into my martini and I said to my wife "I do believe we have Darren Sproles on our team" and she replied "That's nice dear" as she idly thumbed through the latest issue of Harper's.

Rob12

Reaction score
I think Pope has earned a spot over Collins. Whether that's reality is yet to be seen.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1a2sw5fo said:
Sproles is 5' 6" 190, Pope is 5' 10" 207. They might look like little speed guys, but Pope runs angry.
Pope would be 5'-10" in 2" elevated shoes.
He is actually 5'-8".

Geologic

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2640vmkv said:
5'6" and 190 pounds wow I didn't realize sproles weighed that much. Guess you have too at that size so you don't die from getting tackled in the nfl