Simon and Tye Smith blow

McGruff

Reaction score
Both struggled, but as I said in another thread, Smith gets beat safe. He gives up the short pass but is right there to make the stop.

Simon gets beats big. He's so bad.

kearly

Reaction score
I normally agree with Brock almost 100% of the time. But I emphatically disagreed with him when he said DB was our deepest position. Our depth at safety and corner is pretty damn scary, IMO.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
kearly":2wxty676 said:
I normally agree with Brock almost 100% of the time. But I emphatically disagreed with him when he said DB was our deepest position. Our depth at safety and corner is pretty damn scary, IMO.

I heard him say this as well and thought "what the hell am I missing here?" I'm pretty worried and think that is one of our weakest outside of the OL.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
kearly":u1tiww6a said:
I think Kelcie is a better back up safety than we have had here in a while. You keep repeating this mantra and have yet to expand on why you don't like our safety depth. At corner we are pretty set as far as starters but I agree the depth is a little scary but we are much better off as a whole than last year.

Fade

Reaction score
Sherman
Lane
Shead
Burley

is a good 4-some. It just falls off a cliff after that, which this fanbase isn't used to.

Simon better not make the team. He has proven over and over again, he is either hurt, or sucking.

Tye Smith I would give another year hoping the light can come on for him, but it's no big loss if he is cut either.

I expect Seattle to invest a day 2 pick in next year's draft at this spot. This regime has yet to do that, it has been all day 3 picks.

Safety is good too

ET
Kam
& McCray

again it just falls off a cliff after that. You got a starting caliber safety if there is injury. Most teams don't have that.

The Hawks don't have great depth in their back 7, but they are good enough, better than most.

Speaking of back 7, Linebacker is where you can say their depth is bad. KPL is what the hell happened bad. Brock Coyle is an okay linebacker that could spot start a couple games, and you could be okay, but if he is asked to start for a significant amount of time I don't think it would go well. Marsh is a tweener without a position that can play special teams.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We cannot cut Simon.

He frustrates me too.

But this team has a history of DBs getting hurt in ways that screw its chances. You don't make it worse by gutting your depth in one of the hardest areas to find replacements.

Vetamur

Reaction score
I really expected Simon and Smith to have made strides by this point. I am ok with where are at with the safeties, but CB ..we better hope Sherman, Shead and Lane stay healthy. Simon has been given every opportunity, and has all the tools, Im disappointed its not coming together for him.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
That isn't the sky.

It is what reality feels like when it hits.

We don't have the depth in the D we did, we don't have the great DL we did and so far our offense has some great players but an idiot calling the plays. So who knows how that goes?

Vin,couver pointed out in another thread how we repeatedly do stupid counterintuitive things that hurt the team. No coincidence all of those things are on the offensive side of the ball. Because Bevell is a stupidhead.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":33xbe64s said:
We cannot cut Simon.

He frustrates me too.

But this team has a history of DBs getting hurt in ways that screw its chances. You don't make it worse by gutting your depth in one of the hardest areas to find replacements.
Simon is flat out horrible. I'd take any corner still on the team over the overhyped Simon.
I want him gone yesterday.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Why does Simon never seem to know when the ball is arriving? Is it simply because he's out of position early in the route and he's hustling to catch up the rest of the play?

He's like the anti-Sherman in this regard. I kinda said "uh-oh" to myself when Sherm recently said Simon could be better than him. It was like the mom or dad praising their kid's terrible drawing in hopes of motivating them to keep at it – and in the process, get better.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Thank goodness Shead has stepped up to be a solid corner opposite Sherman. Without him, we still might be stuck with Cary Williams.

Simon has been a dissapointment. Brock Huard constantly praising him on blown coverage getting bailed out by a drop or poor throw was getting old by the end of the game

McGruff

Reaction score
dogorama":38ilz51f said:
The salient point is that we are better AND deeper at DB than last year.

I agree.

I think our top 4 is as solid as you can hope with Sherman, Lane, Shead and Burley. And you've got a couple of good projects in Smith and Elliott.

Smith had a bad game, but has otherwise looked good this preseason.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Trying anything to stay on the team. I think he sees he's in deep doo on defense.

Latest posts