The time has come

TatupuIsRRRR

Reaction score
The final cutdowns then bring on Miami! So jacked I want to hit something and have Kam Chancellor pile drive me into second grade!

I love you Seahawks and thank you for getting to the regular season mostly healthy. It's about time that we don't open the season with a cross country stupid make me angry game ARRRGGHHHH!!! WOOHOO Seahawks football Yeah!

:irishdrinkers: :17: :greetingsearthling: :179422: :49ersmall:

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Yes, it is finally upon us! Sat on my deck yesterday afternoon and watched the wind blow the yellowing leaves off of the tree.

Football season is here.

dogorama

Reaction score
It seems that I literally live for this time of year. Ever since I was a young boy I knew the first arrival of chill in the air meant that fall is upon us and I could throw my glove in the closet and get ready to play my favorite sport, football. I was lucky enough to get to play for 14 straight years and as much as I love watching the Seahawks and my Huskies, it's way more fun to play the game than it is to watch it.

I still remember the first uniform my mom bought me. The night I got it, it was raining but I went out and ran up and down this field next to our place for hours in the dark pouring rain. I would imagine myself in a game and would launch myself into the ground just to try and feel what it would be like to get hit and end up in a pile of bodies. By the time my mom finally forced me to come in, my new uniform was unrecognizable with green grass stains and mud covering every single inch. Big clumps of turf protruded from the corners of my helmet and face mask. My mom looked at me and just shook her head. I still remember it being one of the happiest moments of my life.

That was then though, and this is now. The joy of playing football has been replaced by the joy of watching football. I have been fortunate enough to be part of this remarkable journey that is the 12's. It has been truly amazing to watch as a team, coaching staff, administration, and fans come together as one cohesive unit. Every "blue" Friday you can see men, women, cars, houses, and dogs all decked out in their finest Seahawk regalia. Even on non game days you can hear people replacing common greetings with "Go Hawks" or hear the war-cry "Seeeeee......Hawwkksss!" It's sounds like I'm being melodramatic but in this era of polarized divisiveness this Seahawk phenomena has brought an entire community together. People of very disparate backgrounds show an open commonality that I have not seen before.

The reason I am writing all this drivel is because three times last night we saw people try to introduce a theme that has nothing to do with the Seahawks or football. I have seen this type of thing before where a football board can devolve into petty name calling and even threats of violence. I understand that you have strong feelings around this issue, so do I, but this is NOT the place to discuss it. I don't have any ownership here and I am not a mod, but I would respectfully ask that you refrain from politics here so we can at least have one place in our lives free of the issues that separate us and simply enjoy the greatest game ever invented.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Having kam chancellor pile drive you into second grade had me rolling.

Thank god the pre season is over. As interesting as the position battles are among backups, the games counting is where it's at

OP
OP
T

TatupuIsRRRR

Reaction score
Dogorama your post got me super awesome smiling! I want to play football with you and get all stained and hit people! Then politics talk remind me that no Trump or Clinton played footballs so they and other politico-science silliness need to not be here. Go Hawks! SEEEEEEEE...

dogorama

Reaction score
TatupuIsRRRR":1wtr8oqv said:
Dogorama your post got me super awesome smiling! I want to play football with you and get all stained and hit people! Then politics talk remind me that no Trump or Clinton played footballs so they and other politico-science silliness need to not be here. Go Hawks! SEEEEEEEE...

Thanks Tatupul, I don't think it's asking too much.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
TatupuIsRRRR":2yho8dil said:
The final cutdowns then bring on Miami! So jacked I want to hit something and have Kam Chancellor pile drive me into second grade!

I love you Seahawks and thank you for getting to the regular season mostly healthy. It's about time that we don't open the season with a cross country stupid make me angry game ARRRGGHHHH!!! WOOHOO Seahawks football Yeah!

:irishdrinkers: :17: :greetingsearthling: :179422: :49ersmall:

Roadkill?
http://www.lindyssports.com/nfl/miami-d ... ks/409927/

kidhawk

Reaction score
Even though the final pre season games are over, I don't think it'll hit me until Monday. Right now there's still going to be a Sunday without football, but it's getting so close I can almost taste it

chris98251

Reaction score
There is going to be some head scratching and hair pulling going on at the VMAC, they have some very hard decisions at some positions to make. The world is going to end threads because someone got cut probably will start Sunday night.

kidhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1ypxniav said:
There is going to be some head scratching and hair pulling going on at the VMAC, they have some very hard decisions at some positions to make. The world is going to end threads because someone got cut probably will start Sunday night.

You think they'll wait that long? Cuts should be announced in under 23 hours.

chris98251

Reaction score
They are typically the last to release information, they also tend to scour the wire to evaluate if some other player can upgrade a player they have on the bubble that they may keep if they have no other options, why I think it is Sunday that we get news officially on all the cuts, some may be released before that.

kidhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":37snejco said:
They are typically the last to release information, they also tend to scour the wire to evaluate if some other player can upgrade a player they have on the bubble that they may keep if they have no other options, why I think it is Sunday that we get news officially on all the cuts, some may be released before that.

All the cuts must be in by Saturday at 4pm ET. All the teams will know who's cut. There's no reason to not announce by then. The PS guys will be signed Sunday though, so there is that.

dogorama

Reaction score
chris98251":1mfk9kx0 said:

Funny, that, and the terrible injustice of it all. I know one thing, I wouldn't want to be the one to have to make these final decisions. Listening to the radio today they were talking about PC's press conference yesterday where he was talking about Pope, and while he was acknowledging everything he had done to make the team, you couldn't help but feel that it didn't matter, it still wasn't enough.

mrt144

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2nm79c55 said:
Indeed. How DOES one sleep while their bed is burning?

How can we dance when our earth is turning?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
mrt144":22l24k85 said:
vin.couve12":22l24k85 said:

Well see that's an easy one with gravity and all.

However, with the burning bed question, you might ask who set it on fire in the first place? THEN, why is someone still attempting to sleep there? Why haven't they gotten out of there and called the fire department?

mrt144

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1x1kok6b said:
mrt144":1x1kok6b said:
vin.couve12":1x1kok6b said:

Well see that's an easy one with gravity and all.

However, with the burning bed question, you might ask who set it on fire in the first place? THEN, why is someone still attempting to sleep there? Why haven't they gotten out of there and called the fire department?

Not a fan of the midnight oils I see.

Latest posts