Sealver Siliga released from IR, receives injury settlement

kearly

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/davidcanter/status/771856378814205952[/tweet]

Saw this posted randomly off-topic in a different thread, figured it could use it's own topic so people would see it.

Not all a surprising move and absolutely the right one, this allows Seattle to potentially bring back Siliga in a few weeks if he remains available in free agency (decent chance). And if they miss out on getting him back, at least now they don't have to sink $1 million into a player who never played a down for the team.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
I've always wondered, do injury settlements go towards the cap? I'd imagine they wouldn't, but have never bothered to look into as I'm lazy.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Injury settlements count against the cap. The player cannot be re-signed by the team until 6 weeks after the injury settlement period concludes. I haven't seen the details of this settlement, but say it is a 3-week settlement. He could be re-signed in 9 weeks

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
bigskydoc":6074t4vj said:
Injury settlements count against the cap. The player cannot be re-signed by the team until 6 weeks after the injury settlement period concludes. I haven't seen the details of this settlement, but say it is a 3-week settlement. He could be re-signed in 9 weeks

Thanks, I didn't know that.