Biggest seahawk shock of preseason?

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
For me it's been Justin Britt, he doesn't look completely terrible and, dare I say it, he looks more than capable at centre.

Any other over / under achievers that have caught you by surprise?

TestMo1337

Reaction score
I think Britt for sure... everyone was making so much noise about a guy that was moved to his third OL position in as many years.

Outside of Britt, I don't think there are any surprises as the OLine has been the biggest question mark. Only back-up positions were really up for grabs as we don't play a lot of base 4-3 and rely more on Nickel (hence the resigning of Lane to cover that position).

As far as the back-ups go, I think that Michael may not have overachieved, but he helped justify his 2nd-round pick only after a trade, two cuts and a re-sign due to injury.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
sammyc521":95itxb6j said:
...(hence the resigning of Lane to cover that position).....

One of my pet peeves always happens on sports forums, the use of "resigning" which means to quit in place of the proper "re-signing".

I think our wealth of running back talent is a great surprise.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Britts the biggest..
for me the lack of apparent development of either Tye Smith or Tharold Simon is surprise.

Not surprised at the wealth of riches at RB.. I trusted in Michael after seeing him turn it around last year.. him plus Rawls was already great.. figured at least one drafted RB would work out..

For me the biggest shock was that awful poster of Wilson...

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
I think everyone will agree with Britt. I also would add the crappy long snapping that we've seen so far is a shock to me. Gresham made you forget for a bit how important it can be to have a good long snapper.

P-Rich staying healthy so far is a minor one. I feel like every time he gets the ball he is going down with an injury.

The quality runs by Pope, I definitely didn't expect him to look as good as he has.

Finally I'd say the quick recovery by "I'm Jimmy," I figured it would have taken him longer to come back. (Assuming he's back by week 3). Hopefully he still has his mojo and doesn't look like a shell of what we traded for.

McGruff

Reaction score
George Fant stepping in with the 2s and being a competent NFL tackle. Sure, he's still got significant learning, but the basic athletic ability and natural technique is there.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Britt has looked really comfortable at center, which is odd because it is the most difficult position to learn. Not many guys make that transition when they hit the pro level. Britt has the physical ability to be a dominant force at the position. Dude is even making all the line calls, which is utterly amazing to me.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
I really think the shock is Pope.....I think in a good way.

The overall shock really isn't Britt as much as it's Ifedi, Reed and the emergence -re-signing of Tony McDaniel.

Just glad there is a stable of WR's that will be stashed to replace Paul Richardson, who I am shocked isn't injured.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":127mb2cs said:
For me it's been Justin Britt, he doesn't look completely terrible and, dare I say it, he looks more than capable at centre.

Any other over / under achievers that have caught you by surprise?
I think you nailed it, and Pope is also a pleasant surprise. McEvoy is another. I was hoping Simon was going to prove me wrong, but he didn't and has looked horrible IMHO.

Erebus

Reaction score
For me, the shocks are negative. I'm surprised our CB depth sucks beyond Sherman, Lane, and Shead. I'm also surprised nobody has stepped up at SLB.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Our defense.

Our utter lack of depth at positions that used to be key strengths. (linebacker)

The inability of our DL to get pressure.

Hawks46

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":v2yy8n49 said:
Britt has looked really comfortable at center, which is odd because it is the most difficult position to learn. Not many guys make that transition when they hit the pro level. Britt has the physical ability to be a dominant force at the position. Dude is even making all the line calls, which is utterly amazing to me.

I honestly think this is due to him being the .Net whipping boy. Most people literally had nothing positive to say about the guy at all. To put it in perspective: just because Britt had poor feet didn't make him an idiot that was incapable of learning anything (not saying you implied this Smokinhawk, just an example).

I will say I was surprised he picked up Center, but I'd have been less surprised if Webb and Sowell washed out and Britt slid back to RT and looked competent.

My honest biggest surprise would be the Seahawks trading for 2 safeties at the end of preseason. I thought Safety was our deepest position, and here we go cutting everyone and tradeing for 2 more. :187734:

Seafan

Reaction score
Two #74s make the team, both a little surprising, George Fant and Justin Hamilton.