Pope cut

jake206

Reaction score
Sounds like it. Major mistake by John and Co.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/772206823793274880[/tweet]

minormillikin

Reaction score
This seems weird to me, but I assume they have a plan.

It seemed like Pope was doing great.

kearly

Reaction score
Stupid choice, stupid reasoning. Can you imagine if they tried banking on this reasoning with Thomas Rawls last year?

But hey, sometimes bad choices have lucky results. I'm rooting for a lucky result.

Lithium

Reaction score
I thought he was okay. I mean, nobody RB's have good pre-season's all the time. I'm not worried about it lol

OP
OP
J

jake206

Reaction score
Alex Collins must dancing some kind of jig right now. :irishdrinkers:

Basis4day

Reaction score
hawknation2016":207flyw8 said:
Bad blocker! Do you hear that 31 other GMs! BAD. BLOCKER.

:2thumbs:

Ha.

It's worth discussing though. How was his pass blocking? Whether or not you think it matters, it's been clear to PC/JS that their Rb be able to pass protect.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
Pope is going to clear waivers and make the practice squad.....Collins would not....it's not a matter of production or performance.

I would rather have Burley over Simon, frankly that's the decision we should be focusing on.

McGruff

Reaction score
kearly":zzy9jq8b said:
Stupid choice, stupid reasoning. Can you imagine if they tried banking on this reasoning with Thomas Rawls last year?

But hey, sometimes bad choices have lucky results. I'm rooting for a lucky result.

Yet somehow the fact they got it right last year's makes you think they got it wrong this year? I don't understand the logic.

Maybe they didn't see the same thing with Pope that they saw with Rawls.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Burley being cut was worse.

Keeping Collins and dumping Pope (who we will see again) was dumb.

But there are so many bone-headed moves made today with this roster, it is hard to pick a 'favorite'

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
They know Pope did his work against fringe roster players. Fans tend to overestimate pre-season performances.

I like him a lot, but way too much hype for him on this board. He will end up on our P.S.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
NewJerseyHawk":75q7qmlb said:
Pope is going to clear waivers and make the practice squad.....Collins would not....it's not a matter of production or performance.

I would rather have Burley over Simon, frankly that's the decision we should be focusing on.

Totally agree; what the hell do they see in Tharold?? Sigh...in PCJS we trust.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
Pope brings nothing different that our other backs already have. Collins has the potential to bring other tools but not seen yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

London12

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":27xqlz5m said:
NewJerseyHawk":27xqlz5m said:

Totally agree; what the hell do they see in Tharold?? Sigh...in PCJS we trust.
Same thing they saw in C. Williams?

chris98251

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":2wppdnww said:
Pope brings nothing different that our other backs already have. Collins has the potential to bring other tools but not seen yet.

Respectfully completely disagree, Pope has the quick cut and burst lacking from all the other backs, Rawls has great cuts but not the burst Pope has, Pope can return kicks, Pope has decent hands or he would not be asked to return kicks, he runs with more leg drive then Collins and or Prosise has shown, Pope reacts and makes his read faster then Michael and gets yards after getting thru the line much better and has shown he can take it to the house once he does so.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2aclzhn2 said:
Milehighhawk":2aclzhn2 said:

Respectfully completely disagree, Pope has the quick cut and burst lacking from all the other backs, Rawls has great cuts but not the burst Pope has, Pope can return kicks, Pope has decent hands or he would not be asked to return kicks, he runs with more leg drive then Collins and or Prosise has shown, Pope reacts and makes his read faster then Michael and gets yards after getting thru the line much better and has shown he can take it to the house once he does so.

We have a kick returner. To say that Rawls has no burst is pretty ridiculous. Pope showed he had a good first step and could get to the hole, but nothing special compared to Rawls and Michael. You can't possibly know the reads in order to say he makes his read faster unless you have a bellichekian line into the headsets. And no he hadn't shown any breakaway top end speed. This is pretty far off.