Hill, Pinkins, Poole, Sommer revert to IR

Basis4day

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/scohenPI/status/772482294393151488[/tweet]

Largent80

Reaction score
This is good news correct?...as far as getting them back if/when they get healthy?

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
Largent80":270yzwmk said:
This is good news correct?...as far as getting them back if/when they get healthy?

None would be eligible to play this year since they are on IR. Only way would be to use your one IR to return on one of them. I don't really see that happening.

None of them are signed beyond this year. They're FA after the season.

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
Largent80":jc6e2tyz said:
Since we seem to be thin at LB, maybe Pinkins would be that guy if needed?

Anything is possible, but i think the only scenario that would happen is if literally no other starter suffers a significant injury.

You can only return one player from IR.

Jville

Reaction score
IMHO ........ Poole and Sommer need a year to develop.

IMHO .........Pinkins remains a reluctant and hesitant tackler. I not sure where he fits.

With Jordan Hill, I'm afraid I am now speechless ..... I bit my tongue.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I'm bummed Jordan Hill didn't work out. I had high hopes for him.

kearly

Reaction score
Surprised that they bothered to IR Hill. He's a UFA next offseason, so roster protection is meaningless. Perhaps this is yet the latest case of Seattle using the IR before making an injury settlement?

hawknation2016

Reaction score
kearly":3dy39a3q said:
Surprised that they bothered to IR Hill. He's a UFA next offseason, so roster protection is meaningless. Perhaps this is yet the latest case of Seattle using the IR before making an injury settlement?

No choice . . . there is an automatic reversion to IR for waived-injured players. They can now give him an injury settlement if they want.

TatupuIsRRRR

Reaction score
Didn't they did this with Turbin and he come back and play for Browns we got pick or something???

sutz

Reaction score
TatupuIsRRRR":1j09xp8f said:
Didn't they did this with Turbin and he come back and play for Browns we got pick or something???
Pretty sure if we do an injury settlement, the player becomes a FA and can sign elsewhere if he passes their physical.

TatupuIsRRRR

Reaction score
Ah that's cool thank you sutz!! If that's the story we can take him too but it's not being a jerk to him and limiting his choices too.

kearly

Reaction score
hawknation2016":1g9lnn82 said:
kearly":1g9lnn82 said:

No choice . . . there is an automatic reversion to IR for waived-injured players. They can now give him an injury settlement if they want.

I figured, thanks for clarifying.