What happened to 'In Pete We Trust'?

Maulbert

Reaction score
Everyone seems upset that we cut an UNDRAFTED ROOKIE running back and a short nickel corner and are acting like the sky is falling. I still have faith that even if Pope becomes great, this move won't hurt us in the long run. Yes, Pete and John make mistakes, but not often enough for me to worry.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
It's perfectly healthy debate. It is a message board.

It would be boring if everyone saw things the same way.

It just goes to show you how invested and committed our fan base is.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1574jn9g said:

Most of it is healthy debate. I just hate reading comments like "they were stupid to let him go." One would infer that a person making a statement like that believes they are smarter than pcjs about the seahawks roster. I assure you, no one here does. Even if they make a mistake, it is made with more knowledge about this team than anyone else possess. 99 percent healthy, awesome debate. 1 percent just flat out whine ass. In PCJS I most certainly trust. Just think of the alternative.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":2juzcxhs said:
FlyingGreg":2juzcxhs said:

Most of it is healthy debate. I just hate reading comments like "they were stupid to let him go." One would infer that a person making a statement that believes they are smarter than pcjs about the seahawks roster. I assure you, no one here does. Even if they make a mistake, it is made with more knowledge about this team than anyone else possesses. 99 percent healthy, awesome debate. 1 percent just flat out whine ass. In PCJS I most certainly trust. Just think of the alternative.

We are all armchair GMs. If any of us were really smart, we would be in a front office.

Some people tend to forget that.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I don't think anyone here doubts Pete's overall approach and consistent success with his unique formula he's developed here. You could analyze Belicheck or Chuck Knoll or Landry or countless other long term successful coaches and find numerous mistakes and players they overlooked as well. But maybe beginning with SB 49, there's been a few more questions here and there about strategy or personnel decisions.

Everyone's performance is graded by someone no matter what their past success.

stack600

Reaction score
I was going to joke about the serious man crushing goin on...but then I thought , we northwest , be it Washington , Oregon , Idaho or Montana . Or maybe just as long time Hawks fans ...We love, enbody, route and pull fot the underdog , that really actually rocks if you think about it brothers and sisters . we all got heart and that's cool.
Go Hawks.... :irishdrinkers:

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Blind trust based on past track record is folly. Things change, strategies that worked yesterday can fail today, and not even experts are perfect.

And I'm sure if you go back through here, posters have made arguments for things that PCJS went about a different way, and those posters were proven to have a point. It's not like the folks posting here are generally unintelligent about football.

Some posters are in fact REALLY good at analyzing football. Maybe not good enough to be in a NFL front office, but there is a wide gulf between "knows nothing" and "member of an elite NFL front office," isn't there?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":hamaxg5p said:

BINGO!
Pete and John brought my team a Lombardi trophy, I will FOREVER be grateful for that.

There is nothing wrong with questioning moves that don't make sense. Who knows maybe Collins will be an all pro, Simon will be turn into Richard Sherman II, and Pope and Burley will crash and burn. If all that happens I will be the FIRST to say how wrong I was and come in for a couple plates of crow. I just think it's a long shot of all that happening, hope I'm wrong however.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The only thing we know for certain is the metrics the Seahawks use to evaluate players is much different than what the fans use. We've seen it during draft time each year and also during cut time. Unless they publicly announce what their criteria is, which will never happen, we just guess. Seahawks have a track record of being unorthodox. Some of the decisions prove that. But for the most part they have been successful with their methodology. Let the games begin!

TestMo1337

Reaction score
I've always hated that "In ____ We Trust."

The Front Office has a history of big mistakes. The thing that makes them great is those mistakes never doom them and they learn from them.

Clipboard Jesus, Lendale White, the 2013/2014 draft classes, Percy Harvin, Drew Nowak, etc... They correct and avoid making the same mistake again. That's what makes them great... and drafting some shorty named Russell Wilson.

The have shown the ability to move on-from aging talent as well, Matt Hasselbeck, TJ Houshmandzadeh, the 2012 roster, Red Bryant, Chris Clemons, the 2013 Superbowl Starting OL, etc.

Erebus

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3as4egd7 said:
Jimjones0384":3as4egd7 said:
FlyingGreg":3as4egd7 said:

Most of it is healthy debate. I just hate reading comments like "they were stupid to let him go." One would infer that a person making a statement that believes they are smarter than pcjs about the seahawks roster. I assure you, no one here does. Even if they make a mistake, it is made with more knowledge about this team than anyone else possesses. 99 percent healthy, awesome debate. 1 percent just flat out whine ass. In PCJS I most certainly trust. Just think of the alternative.

We are all armchair GMs. If any of us were really smart, we would be in a front office.

Some people tend to forget that.

I want to preface this post by acknowledging Pete and John do a great job and I wouldn't trade them for anyone. Now with that said, I don't think your statement is completely accurate. I believe there are quite a few brilliant minds (maybe even on this board) that would do a great job in an NFL front office if given the chance. I'm not saying I'm one of them, but just because someone doesn't work in an NFL front office doesn't mean they couldn't.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Losing pope sucked, but I agree, in Pete and Schneider we trust. We still have one of, if not the best, starting lineup in the league.

Can't wait for the games to start counting

kearly

Reaction score
sammyc521":3imf22jh said:
I've always hated that "In ____ We Trust."

The Front Office has a history of big mistakes. The thing that makes them great is those mistakes never doom them and they learn from them.

Clipboard Jesus, Lendale White, the 2013/2014 draft classes, Percy Harvin, Drew Nowak, etc... They correct and avoid making the same mistake again. That's what makes them great... and drafting some shorty named Russell Wilson.

The have shown the ability to move on-from aging talent as well, Matt Hasselbeck, TJ Houshmandzadeh, the 2012 roster, Red Bryant, Chris Clemons, the 2013 Superbowl Starting OL, etc.

Fantastic post.

Crizilla

Reaction score
i agree. I wouldn't say RB is a weak point in the team.....no Pope shouldn't downgrade us.....but we'll see what happens

sdog1981

Reaction score
I remember "In Ruskell we trust" that was all the rage on this board circa 2005. Things can get crazy around here. I think most people got confused when JS traded for 400 safeties on cut day.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
If really pinned down, Pete and John might confess that at best they are 80% right regarding personnel. I will flatly state that there are zero posters on this message board that would do that well.

kf3339

Reaction score
sdog1981":2m2lpmjw said:
I remember "In Ruskell we trust" that was all the rage on this board circa 2005. Things can get crazy around here. I think most people got confused when JS traded for 400 safeties on cut day.

Careful. You might be making too much sense.

Rob12

Reaction score
Entitlement. That's what happened.

People thinking that they know more than a man that has spent nearly his entire life making a living off of football.

It honestly is embarrassing. I'm not one that appeals to authority, but come on. This fan base has become an entitled, spoiled bunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk