Hawks sign FB Tupou to active roster

Jville

Reaction score
Cool ......[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/772848519816155136[/tweet]
Restores the power I backfield to the arsenal
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/772853866937278464[/tweet]

.............. seems to me the team is reloading with youth!
Although ....................... [tweet]https://twitter.com/MarkdominikESPN/status/772825151591346177[/tweet]

kf3339

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2fyh06ju said:
That makes sense. It was weird they went without a FB.

I still expect Tukuafu to be re-signed after the fist game.

I would have just kept Tukuafu in the first place. He looked great in the games and adds DT spot duty ability if needed.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
kf3339":1rfoqfxz said:
FlyingGreg":1rfoqfxz said:

I would have just kept Tukuafu in the first place. He looked great in the games and adds DT spot duty ability if needed.

$$$$$$$

drrew

Reaction score
kf3339":qtqpn8ic said:
FlyingGreg":qtqpn8ic said:

Tupou plays that same role, FB/DT, just a younger version. Remains to be seen whether he's as good, but he's covering the same positions that Tukuafu would have.

cheese22

Reaction score
Slightly off topic, but I've read a few comments by posters saying they think Tuk will be signed after the first game so his contract isn't guaranteed. Am I reading that right? And why would they do this? and why just Tuk? Seems like a bum deal for just him.

kf3339

Reaction score
drrew":3pg330jx said:
kf3339":3pg330jx said:
FlyingGreg":3pg330jx said:

Tupou plays that same role, FB/DT, just a younger version. Remains to be seen whether he's as good, but he's covering the same positions that Tukuafu would have.

It only takes one missed block or tackle to cost the team an important play or prevent a major injury. Do you really want an inexperienced guy doing that job just to save a little money? Not me.

But whatever.................

OP
OP
Seafan

Seafan

Reaction score
drrew":v4m9zdyn said:
kf3339":v4m9zdyn said:
FlyingGreg":v4m9zdyn said:

Tupou has already shown he's a better DL. Will is a mediocre lead blocker. We'll see how this goes.

drdiags

Reaction score
cheese22":2jzisb99 said:
Slightly off topic, but I've read a few comments by posters saying they think Tuk will be signed after the first game so his contract isn't guaranteed. Am I reading that right? And why would they do this? and why just Tuk? Seems like a bum deal for just him.

Veterans who are on the opening day roster have their salary guaranteed for the entire year. If they are signed after game 1, their salaries are not guaranteed. Seahawks have used this tactic before with vets like Babs and Locklear. It is why they didn't bring Fred Jackson on-board until after game 1. Expect to see several veterans across the league sign after game 1. Kind of a dick move, but it is what the rules are so you have to do it if the veteran is marginal. The CBA defines what classifies a player as a vet. I think it is minimum 3 yrs in the league on a 53-man roster.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/772940082906927104[/tweet]