Reed - QJeff - Clark - Marsh | D-LINE preseason compilation

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Very excited for our DL youth. Was happily surprised to see so much from Jefferson.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I will happy to admit I was wrong this season, but I just don't see Marsh ever contributing to anything meaningful other than ST.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Marsh does have a motor, and he did a nice job disengaging on some of the clip plays. He still needs to prove he can make plays consistently against the 1s. The DE rotation looks much healthier if he can cut it.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Jefferson looks to be what Hill was supposed to be. Clark is going to surprise people this year.

Thanks for the video!

massari

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":ox174yn1 said:
Clark is definitely a strong consideration for my next jersey purchase.
You should get one for your daughter or sister and explain to her about....

Smellyman

Reaction score
What was interesting about Jefferson was he was lined up all over the place. Michael Bennett like.

Seafan

Reaction score
massari":1duuz8p2 said:
Hawk_Nation":1duuz8p2 said:

Get one for your son and explain how he should never date a psycho.

The DL is in great shape. Smith and Tupou may also contribute. The Hawks now have the opportunity to limit the snaps for these guys like in 2013 and hopefully keep them healthier and fresher for the long haul.

OP
OP
RussJames

RussJames

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":2y6x72y1 said:
I will happy to admit I was wrong this season, but I just don't see Marsh ever contributing to anything meaningful other than ST.

I see a great motor, aggressiveness in shedding blocks, willingness to do what's needed. He's got some explosive get-off and decent top speed. We've heard multiple times from multiple sources how excellent his hands are. This has led to Pete calling him a "natural pass rusher". At this point I'd say his only drawbacks are his overall strength and foot speed to get around the edge. And that's really nitpicking.

He's our backup SAM and backup DE at the moment. If for any reason one of those guys ahead of him can't play he's the one who's going to have to step up, and I think he'll really shine once he finally gets his chance. Just like Hill did when Mebane was out. All he needs is a chance, he just hasn't gotten it yet.

2_0_6

Reaction score
massari":b8yd1vuy said:
Hawk_Nation":b8yd1vuy said:

Douchebaggery post at its finest

McGruff

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":375enbjl said:
Marsh does have a motor, and he did a nice job disengaging on some of the clip plays. He still needs to prove he can make plays consistently against the 1s. The DE rotation looks much healthier if he can cut it.

Could be confirmation bias, but I see a lot of growth in Marsh. Very quick off the snapp and I am seeing a lot more speed around the edge in those highlights. He's always been an effort player, but I'm seeing a lot of skill refinement this year.

GLio14

Reaction score
massari":vs1egsma said:
Hawk_Nation":vs1egsma said:

Always gotta be that one guy.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":zomk58wb said:
I think he can. But I wouldn't undervalue his st play. He is an absolute beast on st.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Let's get this back on topic please and discuss his football accomplishments/predictions. Thanks.

Jville

Reaction score
RussJames":1fvwc139 said:
[youtube]OoOo0mHA1JI[/youtube]

Nice video ......thanks for posting.

Really nice group of young linemen. Encouraging to see them work so well together. Nice flash from each of them.

In his Monday press conference, Coach Carroll offered up strong comments about Reed and Jefferson.

Carroll specificity referred to Jarran Reed as a two position up grade for the defensive line.

In explaining why Jordan Hill is no longer with the team, he mentioned health. But he pivoted to Quinton Jefferson as a two position lineman that can also help in the pass rush. Carroll characterizes Quinton's play and versatility as an upgrade and the reason for the roster change.

It's great to hear about linemen who upgrade the essential inside power work. They make it possible for outside rush efforts to thrive.

Thanks again for the video. Terrific looking foursome. :2thumbs: Looking forward to your future posts.

kearly

Reaction score
Jefferson doesn't quite look like the pass rusher I was hoping for, but he's been so good at blowing up the run... I'm just fine with him being Cory Redding 2.0. We can always use that kind of profile in this defense. I also like that Jefferson rarely if ever gets blown off the ball or shoved around, something that was a glaring issue for Jordan Hill.

The way that Pete values run defense, Jefferson is looking like our 3-tech of the future. At this point, it's looking like Jefferson and Reed have been our two best 2016 draft picks, IMO.