NFL game viewing Week 1

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
http://506sports.com/

Remember that we are on CBS this weekend as we are playing Miami. I guess they take precedence over Fox for this game as the Cowboiyes are on Fox.

Changed the title only....edited.

andyh64000

Reaction score
The road team determines which network broadcasts the game.

Keyhawk

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the viewing map. My hometown (Miami) will have the game on CBS thanks to the Dolphins. Regarding the networks and rules, usually CBS will air the game of an AFC team at NFC team (although there was some crossover last season). Fox game late game will not be aired in Seattle since Seahawks are playing home.

GO HAWKS!!!!

kidhawk

Reaction score
Keyhawk":q88dec14 said:
andyh64000":q88dec14 said:
The road team determines which network broadcasts the game.

Correct

Mostly correct, there has been some changes the past few years. To give networks all a chance to have good matchups each week, some games are switched around from one network to the other. Each network is allowed to block a certain number of games, but it still happens a few games each season where the visiting team formula isn't followed due to this.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Not that I was expecting to get the game, but still, bummer. There's no Broncos game Sunday so there was a slim chance but the Chargers-Chiefs pretty much put an end to that.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Good news

Hawks have only two games to compete with in Red Zone, so I should be able to see a lot of the game.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I don't understand the CBS map. Shouldn't everyone be getting the Seahawks afternoon game since it's the only late game on CBS?

kidhawk

Reaction score
fenderbender123":dhnotz6l said:
I don't understand the CBS map. Shouldn't everyone be getting the Seahawks afternoon game since it's the only late game on CBS?

CBS doesn't get two games to open the season, they only air a single game, so all the other games are morning games and those markets chose those games.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
kidhawk":353wiv5c said:
fenderbender123":353wiv5c said:

CBS doesn't get two games to open the season, they only air a single game, so all the other games are morning games and those markets chose those games.

Ah..that sucks. I guess I'll have to head to a bar :)

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3c5p44ix said:
Ian Eagle and Fouts.. NICE! Best duo on CBS by far

Was pleasantly surprised by this, thought we would get one of the lesser announcing teams.

seahawksny

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3jw57wq9 said:
kidhawk":3jw57wq9 said:
fenderbender123":3jw57wq9 said:

I think certain markets Block if their local team plays on other networks.. giants play Dallas, so they block the CBS game at same time

I'm baffled by this every year.. Dallas gets what, 48 out of 50 states watching? Despicable. America's team ended years ago

mrt144

Reaction score
Since I'm not buying Sunday Ticket this year, I'll definitely be on the lookout for this thread.

kidhawk

Reaction score
seahawksny":1q6n2ow7 said:
fenderbender123":1q6n2ow7 said:
kidhawk":1q6n2ow7 said:
fenderbender123":1q6n2ow7 said:

I think certain markets Block if their local team plays on other networks.. giants play Dallas, so they block the CBS game at same time

I'm baffled by this every year.. Dallas gets what, 48 out of 50 states watching? Despicable. America's team ended years ago

This is true as well. The FOX broadcast of the afternoon game is blocked in Seattle because the Seahawks are on CBS this week.