"Keep your eye on #32, he's something special."

Seafan

Reaction score
Do any of you remember the movie "Twice In a Lifetime", the story about Seahawk fan Harry Mackenzie played by Gene Hackman?

Harry took his girlfriend (Ann Margret) to a Seahawk game in the Kingdome. He told Ann to keep her eye on the runningback, #32.

In early July I was out in my yard throwing the football with my 8 year old son. I asked him who he was most excited about watching this year. He quickly said, "Thomas Rawls." I agreed with him and purchased matching Rawls jerseys for his birthday in August. We both wore them to church this morning as our Pastor asks the congregation to wear their team's colors every first NFL Sunday.

I get the feeling that Christine Michael is underrated. Not only by the national media, but the Seattle media and the fans too.

I love Thomas Rawls but I want to say "Keep your eyes on #32. He's going to be something special to watch this year."

Cyrus12

Reaction score
hes looked good but worried he has turbinitis as he always falls down. real season about to start so lets see if it was just pre season hype.

Geologic

Reaction score
I want a good redemption story out of Christine Michael. But Thomas Rawls looked like a beast last year so I don't see CM making a dent in Rawl's touches once Rawls gets back to 100%.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Christine Michael runs scared. He hits the ground to avoid contact too much. It's annoying sometimes seeing him hit the deck without trying to muscle his way out.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
dopeboy206":jiswdmw0 said:
Christine Michael runs scared. He hits the ground to avoid contact too much. It's annoying sometimes seeing him hit the deck without trying to muscle his way out.

When you aren't Marshawn Lynch and you have a LB safety going airborn at you diving is not a bad decision.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Go with the hot hand. There's no reason not to.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Hollandhawk":2rfuvlsu said:
dopeboy206":2rfuvlsu said:

When you aren't Marshawn Lynch and you have a LB safety going airborn at you diving is not a bad decision.
Who said anything about Marshawn Lynch? U act like it's only exclusive to Lynch. Truth is Michaels runs scared.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
ruffENrowdy":3moelfw9 said:
Or he runs smart, it's all a matter of opinion. I think its working out great for us right now.
Like how he missed a first down inside the 49ers 15 by a yard because he hit the grass before contact?

nash72

Reaction score
dopeboy206":2wcitexo said:

I see this too, but it might be better off than him trying to get an extra yard and fumbling.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Obviously Michael is still underrated.

razor150

Reaction score
Last I saw Michael was averaging over 4 yards a carry, most of which comes after contract since our offensive line is so bad. But yeah, he falls down way to easily, and is just running scared. If I said what those comments were I'd either get a friendly note from a mod or given a short vacation.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
dopeboy206":cind3hhp said:

I'd like to remind you that Michael is averaging 6 + yards/ carry.

Not so bad for a guy you believe falls down a lot. I personally think he's going to be hard to displace as the #1 RB once Rawls is healthy again.

Sometimes many folks let their bias against an individual overrule their eyes and ignore the reality of what they are seeing on the field.

Personally I'm happy he's finally matured and think we are only beginning to see what he can bring to the running game. To me the reality of a 9 yard run is not diminished in any fashion by the fact Michael didn't make the extra yard by fighting harder and potentially getting nicked up. By now it's probably apparent I disagree with your post. If anything it appears he is running smart and improving with time on the field.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Hell, maybe I'm in the minority, but I honestly thought he wouldn't make the team before camp started. Michael has had some serious mental lapses, and I'm sure a few more in the future but just sit back and imagine where we would be if he was not here. I'm officially eating crow three games in so far.

I liked Pope in the pre-season but he was not the answer.
Procise has been bit by the injury bug.
Collins has stutter feet.

Some might say he runs scared and avoids contact, but some would say h plays it smart. I like what he is doing so far, no need to try and make him run like someone he isn't. I'll take him falling down every time as long as he continues to switch the ball of his outside hand when running.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Some may think C-Mike goes down too easily or needs to fight for more yards on some carries, but I'm not too concerned about that. I'm just loving his vastly improved ball protection since his first tenure as a Seahawk. Keeping possession of the ball and punting it away on occasion is generally preferable over trying to plow through defenders for another yard or two and risking a TO.

mikeak

Reaction score
Rawls was hit by multiple guys behind the LOS last game. You just can't compare today's performance against a different team.

Not saying either is better but there is a big difference looking at what they faced in the field