Story of the Game?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
dogorama":36134q6w said:
Their DC outcoached our OC.

End of story.

No, you forgot the actual ending of the story. Seahawks win.

kearly

Reaction score
I wasn't all that impressed by Miami's defensive playcalling. They gave Wilson far too much time and did very little to try and confuse Seattle's offense.

The reason this game was close was because:

A. As feared, Carroll and Bevell are trying to get back to the 2012 style of offense with predictably horrible results, and

B. Wilson had an off day. It happens to the best of us. And also

C. Wilson wasn't 100% after his ankle injury, though he seemed to shake it off near the end. Oh and btw, it was an injury that occurred when Wilson rabbit-sacked himself for a huge drive killing loss.

Seattle also shot themselves in the foot over and over with holding penalties. They even committed a hold on a fair catch play.

Honestly, if this had been ANY other game on our schedule to open the season, today would have been a loss. Thank you schedule gods!

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
Basis4day":2ii4uknr said:
dogorama":2ii4uknr said:

End of story.

Since we won. No, No he didn't.

We won w/defense, pure luck, and because Russell Wilson is such a competitor. A 6 &10 team made our offense look like a 2 & 10 team for most of the game. Even before Wilson got hurt their defense had an answer for everything Bevell did.

It was Darrell Bevell XL.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Our staff values receivers and running backs who can block but not linemen. Our staff doesn't value the center position at all especially long snapper. Pete would rather keep 8 safety's than one center who can actually snap the ball.

bandiger

Reaction score
dogorama":2bgeuyjn said:
Basis4day":2bgeuyjn said:
dogorama":2bgeuyjn said:

End of story.

Since we won. No, No he didn't.

We won w/defense, pure luck, and because Russell Wilson is such a competitor. A 6 &10 team made our offense look like a 2 & 10 team for most of the game. Even before Wilson got hurt their defense had an answer for everything Bevell did.

It was Darrell Bevell XL.

All my worst fears are confirmed when I watch the Pats playing the cards right now

907Hawk

Reaction score
The story of the game as I saw it was the Seahawks won a hard fought game by putting together an impressive drive to win at the end. 1-0.

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":wlwqqk5i said:
Baldwin beating Maxwell on 4th and 4 on the final drive.

That is the story.

No doubt, and Baldwin was magnificent. Funny, I knew we were going to win when he caught that pass.

No, I wasn't referring to the crux of the win, but what I witnessed for almost the entire game. They had a very good game plan and even though we got some yds they were able to get a stop whenever they needed it.

Tical21

Reaction score
If 16 doesn't have the dropsies I think we get rolling a lot earlier.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kearly":28g62t06 said:
I wasn't all that impressed by Miami's defensive playcalling. They gave Wilson far too much time and did very little to try and confuse Seattle's offense.

A. As feared, Carroll and Bevell are trying to get back to the 2012 style of offense with predictably horrible results, and

C. Wilson wasn't 100% after his ankle injury, though he seemed to shake it off near the end. Oh and btw, it was an injury that occurred when Wilson rabbit-sacked himself for a huge drive killing loss.

Seattle also shot themselves in the foot over and over with holding penalties. They even committed a hold on a fair catch play.

Honestly, if this had been ANY other game on our schedule to open the season, today would have been a loss. Thank you schedule gods!
Correct on most points.

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
kearly":zwxmh66g said:

Miami had a game plan to contain Wilson, unlike most teams that take that strategy they were very effective at it AND even when he had time he often couldn't find anyone open and threw it out of bounds on numerous occasions. Given that I am watching the game on TV I can't see what they were doing but it was definitely working. Yes, we shot ourselves in the foot at times but I also think they contributed to those penalties. As for RW, he actually ended being more effective after the injury.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
All of you wanna be offensive coordinators need to send your resume, because the 4th ranked O last year just isn't good enough. Seriously, it's the execution not the call. How many playoff wins and super bowl wins did they have before Bevell? And I love the quarterback coach telling us how Russ is just terrible for holding the ball...19 fourth quarter comeback wins, guess you will never be happy.

kearly

Reaction score
The game plan to contain Wilson backfired on teams spectacularly when Seattle ran the spread last year. It essentially gives Wilson a couple of extra seconds in the pocket. It is a good strategy against Wilson when we are running the 2012 style offense though.

Seattle started to go to the spread a bit in the 4th quarter and it was working pretty well.