Marsh, Baldwin, Graham, Richardson, etc.

Ruminator

Reaction score
This is one of those games (like a number of others this week, apparently) where just one or two things had an enormous impact on which team came out the winner. The fumble deep in Seahawk territory, their scoring a TD a result, but then later Seattle suddenly looking assertive for once and being able to convert a fourth-and-4 (and complete a number of passes after that) to give them a chance of a victory. The two things having an enormous impact in this game were Marsh and Baldwin. Baldwin's knack for knowing where to be and when to pivot open is pretty impressive. Lots of credit to several others as well, including Rawls, C-Mike, and Wagner.

Other thoughts:

Nice to see Graham make a catch to signal his return from injury. But like most of his catches last season, it wasn't the type that really took advantage of his height (not that it always needs to be). When we landed him, that's kind of what I was expecting to see at least every now and then -- especially in the red zone.

Nice to see Richardson make a key catch. Hope to see more of him, and to see him stay healthy all season.

Not looking too terribly forward to next week's game against the Rams.

If I were a Dolphin fan, even with an 0-1 record to start the season, I would be fairly excited for the team's chances this season. Receiving corp seems to be the only thing that needs to get their act together. Their D is very capable of unleashing pandemonium, though. The only caveat as for the team's playoff chances is that their AFC-East counterparts, the Bills, Patriots, and Jets, could be pretty strong this year too. Well obviously the Pats.

kearly

Reaction score
I like that Seattle had a game like this before the Rams. Should help the team stay focused all week, and if we are lucky, it might have been enough to help the coaches come to their senses regarding the current offensive philosophy.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
We need to see more production from Richardson this is a make or break year for him he needs to show he can make tough catches in one on one situations and stay healthy . He had a TD in preseason now we need to see it on game day. A couple catches a game mostly uncontested isn't enough. He has a long way to go and imo there are better options on this team. Hopefully that starts next week.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3p3o82wm said:
We need to see more production from Richardson this is a make or break year for him he needs to show he can make tough catches in one on one situations and stay healthy . He had a TD in preseason now we need to see it on game day. A couple catches a game mostly uncontested isn't enough. He has a long way to go and imo there are better options on this team. Hopefully that starts next week.

Paul Richardson progression has little to do do on what directions n the team go. He is the #5 receiver and will not likely ever be worth where we took him in the draft

HawkerD

Reaction score
kearly":2ov9yk1o said:
I like that Seattle had a game like this before the Rams. Should help the team stay focused all week, and if we are lucky, it might have been enough to help the coaches come to their senses regarding the current offensive philosophy.

The current offensive philosophy of deep drops and long developing plays is befuddling. Especially when we see the protection is breaking down so quickly. Why hasn't the team learned from last year that getting the ball out quick is the key to a successful passing game? The desire to create explosive plays at all costs is hindering the actual ability to be consistent on offense

Hawks46

Reaction score
kearly":2q6ekb27 said:

While you're at it, maybe you could explain to me Richard's defensive philosophy too. Rushing 3 and dropping Jarran Reed into coverage gave Tannehill 6 seconds to throw the ball and find Landry for a 30 yard gain. That had me yelling at the TV.

Seriously, sometimes it's like Richard and Bevell go "hey, this worked last series. let's go the opposite direction with it now."