Not surprised

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Wilson's TD pass to Baldwin wasn't a called play, it was an audible by RW.
Things that make you go hmmmmm.

kearly

Reaction score
Makes sense. It was a very obvious run situation. Good, safe pass to audible into.

sutz

Reaction score
Wait, I thought we hate the fade pass around here.

Hard to keep track of what I'm supposed to hate.

:laugh:

dogorama

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":fgpd7jyr said:

There actually was a time in the NFL when QB's called their own plays. There came a time last year when I wished they would just let RW call his own plays.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
"We had discussions before about what we were going to do if we got certain matchups that we liked, and it was actually not on that play, but he saw the situation there was a matchup that he liked, he switched the play, and fortunately enough, Jermaine and myself were able to execute at a high level, and Russ did an excellent job of reading the defense and putting us in the best situation, making the call, and then obviously delivering the ball so we could win the game. Honestly, he has never changed the play to that play before. In that moment, I’m thinking, ‘What is he doing?’ But he has shown the propensity to do miraculous things, and that play was no different.” - Doug Baldwin

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
kearly":1nsqwj22 said:
Makes sense. It was a very obvious run situation. Good, safe pass to audible into.

Definitely a "safe" play, but one we don't have a lot of histort completing. It was right on the money this time, though. What a great throw.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":2tyisgne said:
kearly":2tyisgne said:

Definitely a "safe" play, but one we don't have a lot of histort completing. It was right on the money this time, though. What a great throw.
Agree on all accounts Smokin.

253hawk

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":flxb8hvk said:
kearly":flxb8hvk said:

[youtube]qoeeUt-q5Po[/youtube]

mrt144

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":352pt1ut said:
kearly":352pt1ut said:

I saw them run that at least once in the pre season if not more. Getting the iso on the DB going out in a position where he DB has no angular advantage is awesome.

seahawksny

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1qfcjymp said:
SmokinHawk":1qfcjymp said:
kearly":1qfcjymp said:

Agree on all accounts Smokin.

Great throw and catch over the shoulder. Not to mention keeping feet in

mikeak

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":3nsl0b49 said:
"We had discussions before about what we were going to do if we got certain matchups that we liked, and it was actually not on that play, but he saw the situation there was a matchup that he liked, he switched the play, and fortunately enough, Jermaine and myself were able to execute at a high level, and Russ did an excellent job of reading the defense and putting us in the best situation, making the call, and then obviously delivering the ball so we could win the game. Honestly, he has never changed the play to that play before. In that moment, I’m thinking, ‘What is he doing?’ But he has shown the propensity to do miraculous things, and that play was no different.” - Doug Baldwin

1) Before the season PC said that it was time for the next steps for RW where he gets the right to do more things on the field. Clearly RW listened and I am glad that he did

2) Statements like the above shows the tremendous respect guys on the team has for him. I think media has tried to put that into question but when Baldwin says "he has shown the propensity to do miraculous things" then you just know what the guys in the huddle thinks about RW

3) I am trying to figure out if we are so good in hurry-up mode because of changes in the defense (like our stupid soft zone approach) or because we just are so good when we move quickly and the game plan changes. Seems like the later and wish we did more

ivotuk

Reaction score
mikeak":z841pawp said:
theincrediblesok":z841pawp said:

1) Before the season PC said that it was time for the next steps for RW where he gets the right to do more things on the field. Clearly RW listened and I am glad that he did

2) Statements like the above shows the tremendous respect guys on the team has for him. I think media has tried to put that into question but when Baldwin says "he has shown the propensity to do miraculous things" then you just know what the guys in the huddle thinks about RW

3) I am trying to figure out if we are so good in hurry-up mode because of changes in the defense (like our stupid soft zone approach) or because we just are so good when we move quickly and the game plan changes. Seems like the later and wish we did more

It's the "Oregon Offense" factor. It's been working for New England, and I think it could work well with RW. Just look at late last season.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":27xed5yl said:

RW changes a lot of plays. Some work, some don't. What's to hmmmmm about?

Sometimes he makes magic and sometimes he screws up. Such is the nature of human beings.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Eight of eleven offensive players thought they were running the ball, LOL.

“They knew it was a running play," Carroll said of Seattle's O-line and running back on the play that proved to be the game-winning toss. "They ran the play that was called, and he threw a touchdown pass."

Carroll said the subtle communication between Wilson, Baldwin and Kearse is something the Seahawks have done "a lot."
"We’ve practiced this stuff so much," Carroll said. "This has been an extraordinary focus for us. We practice throughout the week, throughout camp, throughout offseason to be in these situations where it’s just normal, and it is. That’s what they’re telling you. They know how the things are going to go and they know the plays have to be made and we can count on the guy back there delivering the ball that we're going to make good choices and he’s going to take off when he has to and all of that. So it was good."

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/09/12 ... pn-seattle

3o7TKnmuOi5g9tbv6U.gif

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
hawknation2016":12k7i0qs said:
Eight of eleven offensive players thought they were running the ball, LOL.

“They knew it was a running play," Carroll said of Seattle's O-line and running back on the play that proved to be the game-winning toss. "They ran the play that was called, and he threw a touchdown pass."

Carroll said the subtle communication between Wilson, Baldwin and Kearse is something the Seahawks have done "a lot."
"We’ve practiced this stuff so much," Carroll said. "This has been an extraordinary focus for us. We practice throughout the week, throughout camp, throughout offseason to be in these situations where it’s just normal, and it is. That’s what they’re telling you. They know how the things are going to go and they know the plays have to be made and we can count on the guy back there delivering the ball that we're going to make good choices and he’s going to take off when he has to and all of that. So it was good."

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/09/12 ... pn-seattle

3o7TKnmuOi5g9tbv6U.gif
He also said this morning that the audible was so subtle that even the O Line still thought it was a running play.

Was that play anything like the fade into the left corner that RW and PRich pulled off in in the (was it?) Dallas game? RW said that he and PRich had practiced that route 25 times, about 2 hours before the game. Was a beauty too.

Edit: what HN16 said already
edit2: no, PRich had come across from wide right on his

hawknation2016

Reaction score
The look on Glowinski's face when he turned around to see Russell throwing the ball was priceless.

byau

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":2scrls41 said:
peppersjap":2scrls41 said:
I wanted them to give the ball to Lynch!

Too Soon, Man.

Pretty much

Though how many of us after celebrating the TD starting throwing stuff yelling "HOW COME YOU COULDN'T DO THAT IN THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!???!?!"