D was ferocious

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Best thing was we got pressure w 4 man rush. We hammered there run game. The d was very impressive. Clark marsh reed all played great. Very good sign

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1vi6fxq8 said:
Best thing was we got pressure w 4 man rush. We hammered there run game. The d was very impressive. Clark marsh reed all played great. Very good sign

Yes.

BUT...terrible breakdown on the Foster 50 yard catch, and, let's be honest, Stills should have had an easy TD as well. Earl looked lost in space.

But other than that they played pretty good.

I liked the pressure and run D.

Still wish they would force turnovers like they used to.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The defense was phenomenal. Earl had a lousy game, but everyone else really picked up the slack and played great. Excellent job

RussB

Reaction score
Yea i was impressed with them. They just came out and played with bad intentions like they used to, and finally had some PRESSURE up the middle. If the offense actually scored points it would have been a blowout.

Mick063

Reaction score
Marsh, Clark, Sherman, Reed, Lane, Chancellor, and Wagner all made some big time plays.

sutz

Reaction score
Couple of breakdowns that could have cost us, but we got away with them. Overall a plus performance.

Tied for second in scoring D right now IIRC. :2thumbs:

dunceface

Reaction score
Earl seemed like he was over shooting like he did when he was first adjusting to the league before Pete told him he didn't have to do everything but everyone else seemed ON POINT

kearly

Reaction score
Miami's offense has some talent on it, and a smart coach. I thought Miami would get to 20 on us, given that Gase hates us and had months to prepare. Overall it was an impressive performance by the D.

dogorama

Reaction score
I kept thinking throughout the game that the defense was literally going to have to win the game by themselves. Except for that last drive that is pretty much what they did.

Largent80

Reaction score
I saw wide open wr's running free in the secondary, and dropping football's, we lose if they haul those in.

Hawks46

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3pb8uh69 said:
gowazzu02":3pb8uh69 said:

Yes.

BUT...terrible breakdown on the Foster 50 yard catch, and, let's be honest, Stills should have had an easy TD as well. Earl looked lost in space.

But other than that they played pretty good.

I liked the pressure and run D.

Still wish they would force turnovers like they used to.

I'd also throw Shead up there. He had a monster game.

Agreed on Thomas, looked like he was playing on adrenaline and not using his head.

On that Foster catch, it was just a good read against that defense. Both Wright and Wagner blitzed and were out of fhat play. They had 3 WR's so I can't see a Safety coming over to cover the flat. It was a good read against that play call, and there's no way Foster doesn't get at least 15 yards out of if, regardless of how bad Thomas whiffed on the tackle.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Largent80":b6yph1g1 said:
I saw wide open wr's running free in the secondary, and dropping football's, we lose if they haul those in.

That's what pressure does.

That's the thing I think is most important to come from the D's performance. The 4 man rush tandem MikeB. Avril, Marsh and Clark. If those 4 can bring it with 4. We're in a great place. That's why the super bowl winning D was so special, because we had Bennett and Avril basically coming off the bench to rush the pass.

The Stills drop was a blown coverage, for sure. But beyond that. ALOT to like.

Hawks46

Reaction score
gowazzu02":15dopxjh said:
Largent80":15dopxjh said:

That's what pressure does.

That's the thing I think is most important to come from the D's performance. The 4 man rush tandem MikeB. Avril, Marsh and Clark. If those 4 can bring it with 4. We're in a great place. That's why the super bowl winning D was so special, because we had Bennett and Avril basically coming off the bench to rush the pass.

The Stills drop was a blown coverage, for sure. But beyond that. ALOT to like.

Good point. Other than that Stills drop, I only remember 1 egregious drop by Miami. The others were throws that were rushed by pressure and really tough catches to make.

Gotta give credit to Tannehill though. He stays in there and takes the shot to deliver the ball. Watching the AZ game, Palmer sees pressure and hucks that sucker if someone is within 2 yards of him. He's going to throw up some balls for us if we can get pressure in that game.

hawker84

Reaction score
Wagz, seen a few posts on him today, but I thought he deserves more mention. To me he's back to looking like the Wagz of 2013. Fast and always around the football. I especially loved the play where the runner tried to stiff arm him, so he gave him a little extra shove and said, you can't stiff arm me, or something to that effect.

it was great to see him flying around again, and in on so many plays again, Kam too.... Earl not so much, just looked like he was playing out of control, the Still's play, I think was a break down in communication. Seems like we see at least one or two of those issues in games now.