12-10? Meh. Onward.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
God what an ugly game from our offense. Defensively we were pretty spectacular but so was the Dolphin's D. If you are a defensive fan you probably loved this game. Being at the game myself you always miss the particulars of any play in general. You get the gist, but you don't get the commentary breakdown or the camera angles that you are afforded on TV.

This is why (I've had to tell my wife this a thousand times) I record the game. She always says "Why do you insist on recording and watching the game when you were just there in person??!?!" Sigh.

So now I am sitting down to watch the game on TV that I saw in person. I am still in the second quarter but I can tell you not a lot has changed from my perception in the stands. The defense was damn near perfect. In the first quarter we were doing precisely what I was hoping we would do on offense which were quick outs, slants, empty sets, etc...We were moving the chains.

But major credit to Miami's front. Wow they are tough. I am not sure what poses a stronger threat...Miami's DL or the Rams DL. Either way, our OL has another tough test next Sunday, that is for sure.

Being perennially optimistic, I am feeling confident that Russell's ankle is not of the "3 weeks or so" variety. As horrific as it looked on TV, I am assuming it's not that bad. Don't kill the messenger.

It's funny, tonight, in the stadium, before the game, was the moment I decided to buy a Baldwin jersey. My wife said, "Oh great, so now you're going to jinx him!" Haha, funny. (Not)

So I got to have the last laugh with the game winning TD of course.

Look, this was not what 90% of us expected. It should have been a 24-10 type of game but it wasn't. The offense really struggled against their front but at the end of the day, what does this team preach? You win in the 4th. Let me be perfectly honest right now. Although the game sucked offensively, there was never one single moment, sitting in my seat, that I doubted the Seahawks would not be able to win this game.

Even when the Dolphins went up 10-6, I still had no fear, no doubt. And I knew in my heart that was precisely the same feeling every player for the Seahawks felt in that moment. So when that beautiful fade route to the back of the endzone to Baldwin resulted in the game winning TD, I couldn't help myself. I turned to my wife and said:

"Jinx? What stinkin' Jinx?"

The Hawks will be fine this year. Our D looks sick. Our OL is not going to face Miami or LA DL's every week. This is going to be a fantastic season. BELIEVE IT!

GO HAWKS!

sutz

Reaction score
I'm still in. :2thumbs:

Were some dicey moments, but overall we got the W and that is what matters.

They don't award style points in the NFL.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It was ugly for sure .

Never the less the W is on the score sheets and the Cards had a L.

Zero points for style and hardly a convincing win. However, in December we won't remember the strength of this W only that it was a W.

Largent80

Reaction score
The way we won it made up for the entire game's facepalm moments.

Luckily, Miami's wr's can't catch in the open field or we are 0-1.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I was surprised that Miami's DL looked so dang good. I mean, other than Mario Williams, it was mostly the same crew as last year that massively under performed. I thought Williams was done, but he looks good. They have the talent to be a top DL in the league.

Our OL didn't look great, but weirdly, they look the opposite of last year: they looked good in pass pro, but poor in run blocking. If this is what we have to build on, we look miles better than last year.

They're going to have to be good, as the Rams' DL has given us fits and the Jets DL looked really good getting 7 sacks on Dalton against a Cincy OL that is much better than ours on paper.

I'll be honest, when Miami scored, I didn't think we were going to win the game. The only reason was Wilson's injury, and up until that final drive, it looked like he couldn't push the ball more than 10 yards downfield. The Dolphins knew we had to run, so it was easier for them to defend; coming out in the 3rd quarter we looked like we were establishing the run better. When Wilson had that first pass to Baldwin for about 15 yards, I knew we were probably ok at that point.

Even though the score and much of the game was ugly, I think we look a lot better than game 1 of last year.