Short Yardage

getnasty

Reaction score
Is it me or do we suck in short yardage situations? No sure what the answer is but it's something that hopefully gets better. If we're gonna try to run it i hope we go with Rawls, he seems like he's a better option for those tough yards.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
I'm just going to leave this here because it was one of the plays of the game.

3o7TKUGBY0NH1QqYPC.gif

hawknation2016

Reaction score
My gut feeling is that this Miami defensive line is way above average against the run.

L2Sq0368xxNpC1kA0

mikeak

Reaction score
You got to remember the order of plays

If they FIRST lined up shotgun and inches to go then ran out of it and then second time passes that is one thing

What they did is passed out of an obvious passing formation then ran

So the first time nobody was surprised and that was the time we gave up points

dogorama

Reaction score
How much it has to do with the short yardage situation is debatable but our guards graded out really bad this game. In fact, going into the game Glowinski was projected by many to be the best lineman in the group but had a terrible game. Yes, he was facing some tough comp but that's going to be an ongoing thing. Hopefully, he rebounds this week and we get Ifedi back in the mix.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
dogorama":2n8iuv70 said:
How much it has to do with the short yardage situation is debatable but our guards graded out really bad this game. In fact, going into the game Glowinski was projected by many to be the best lineman in the group but had a terrible game. Yes, he was facing some tough comp but that's going to be an ongoing thing. Hopefully, he rebounds this week and we get Ifedi back in the mix.

No, he won't face Suh every week, nor Aaron Donald. You're overstating this.

Let him play the average NT and we'll see how he does, and give him a few weeks at full game speed, too.

I agree with Ifedi being back.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I thought early on we were having a lot of difficulties, but I attributed it to not having Ifide.
Commentators made the comment that we were not getting any push from the OL, and you could see it, we were stood up just about every time.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Before the game most people believed that O-Line was Seattle's weakest unit and D-Line was Miami's strongest unit. Nobody expected us to run over them before the game so don't overthink it after the game.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
You addressed the point adequately, HawkNation2016, but only 4 of 11 of your GIFs actually show the Seahawks in short yardage. Considering those GIFs slow down some a few users' machines, that might not be good.

mikeak

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":2esagv6t said:
MontanaHawk05":2esagv6t said:
You addressed the point adequately, HawkNation2016, but only 4 of 11 of your GIFs actually show the Seahawks in short yardage. Considering those GIFs slow down some a few users' machines, that might not be good.

Sometimes they don't even load on mobile. Still, I would rather people post more stuff like gifs of specific situations than not, even if it doesn't load quickly (or at all) because repeated viewing of individual plays is extremely valuable and it is something that a lot of users don't have easy access too.

Agree 100%